What's your opinion when Brian Ortega said the interim belt is a fake belt?

None of the belts are real, if WME sees no benefit in a fighter having a belt they take it... WWME era brahs

Its only purpose is to make a fight more appealing to the public by putting a fake belt on the line. Also a candybar the bald bozo can hand out to fighters to trick them into taking a short notice fight.

who is in that avatar god damn she's gorgeous.

Bae Suzy. I mean that's her actual name. She has few emoticons here. I wish they add more.
<{1-12}><Oku02>

lol Thought it was you.

No.

giphy.gif

From Schaub's podcast

"I want Max Holloway, or I want the belt. I’m not fighting for a fake belt. It looks cool, but it’s not the real belt, doesn’t get you the real – there’s no real money involved with that one, nothing that really goes on in terms of being the champion. You just get something that says I’m in first place. It just says I’m next in line for the belt." - Brian Ortega

Thoughts?
Sounds Slightly Salty

There's no basis to whatever he's saying. Ariel said many times he only likes the idea of interim belts because fighters get paid more. Commission released numbers for Whittaker's interim purse confirms that. Massive pay bump from 34k show to 350k show that cannot be explained by anything other than championship escalation. Further confirmation comes from the Reebok outfit policy, which clearly states interim title contenders get 30k contender pay: https://mmajunkie.com/2017/12/ufc-r...e-adjusted-newcomers-receive-bump-in-base-pay

Ortega is either clueless or full of shit.
I get the money reason, a fighter would have to be as dumb as a box of rocks from the retard zoo if they refuse a money ticket because its a 'fake' belt.

From the meritocracy point of view (not the UFC or MMA ever was a meritocracy of course) its just a total shit show, it appears to be a total mess with no direction. They literally just make belts to improve posters, while I don't exactly care being a narcissistic-psychopath... we are still led to believe these belts actually mean anything at all - you can easily get pushed in the UFC as long as your playing Dana's rusty trombone.

Last edited:
I get the money reason, a fighter would have to be as dumb as a box of rocks from the retard zoo if they refuse a money ticket because its a 'fake' belt.

From the meritocracy point of view (not the UFC or MMA ever was a meritocracy of course) its just a total shit show, it appears to be a total mess with no direction. They literally just make belts to improve posters, while I don't exactly care being a narcissistic-psychopath... we are still led to believe these belts actually mean anything at all - you can easily get pushed in the UFC as long as your playing Dana's rusty trombone.

Nickyoung.gif

Ask colby if he thinks interim belts arent fake after what the ufc did. Lol. They started handing them out like candy when fighters were refusing fights unless for titles.

From Schaub's podcast

"I want Max Holloway, or I want the belt. I’m not fighting for a fake belt. It looks cool, but it’s not the real belt, doesn’t get you the real – there’s no real money involved with that one, nothing that really goes on in terms of being the champion. You just get something that says I’m in first place. It just says I’m next in line for the belt." - Brian Ortega

Thoughts?
Today it sure is. It's basically thrown around willy nilly just to justify PPV. It has lost its true meaning and necessity.

He's right. I don't like colby at all but he won that tin foil belt and he gets stripped in 2 months.

No "He's right you know" meme..? Well he's right the new UFC as reduced the interim belt to nothing but a ↓↓↓

61CnCPOD%2B3L._SY450_.jpg

T-City is a fake fighter. Go back to surfing bro.

Considering I'm not even in the UFC and I can get myself a shiny interim belt from the candy dispenser outside of the grocery store, ...

Ya, they don't mean shit.

To me it’s the mma equivalent of The WWF Intercontinental Championship Belt.

As in it is definitely a great achievement but not as good as getting The Real Title:

This:
wwe-intercontinental-belt-2011.jpg

Vs This:
maxresdefault.jpg

UZy7m.jpg

Back