What's your opinion when Brian Ortega said the interim belt is a fake belt?

From Schaub's podcast

"I want Max Holloway, or I want the belt. I’m not fighting for a fake belt. It looks cool, but it’s not the real belt, doesn’t get you the real – there’s no real money involved with that one, nothing that really goes on in terms of being the champion. You just get something that says I’m in first place. It just says I’m next in line for the belt." - Brian Ortega

Thoughts?
He’s right. Look at Colby now. It’s just way of hyping up ufc PPV. Everyone knows it’s 2nd place

All I hear from Ortega is "I'm scared to death of losing, please give me a title shot before someone exposes me."

To me it’s the mma equivalent of The WWF Intercontinental Championship Belt.

As in it is definitely a great achievement but not as good as getting The Real Title:

This:
wwe-intercontinental-belt-2011.jpg

Vs This:
maxresdefault.jpg

UZy7m.jpg

Better analogy would be the WWE title vs. a real combat sports title

Sure its cool to be the best "sports entertainer" where you pretend to fight, but you'll never be the real fighter

in 2018 what he said was true

colby literally fought a month and half ago and is stripped because the ufc cant matchmake for shit and wanted a main event for 228. so they just stripped him and are gonna pretend they never made him the interim lol. that seems to be a pattern with woodley tho, he calls out #1 contenders for title fights on like 2-3 months downtime when hes been on the shelf training for god knows how long. smart move by him and hes getting away with it

Hard to argue with interm champs like colby and Ferguson getting their belts taken away.

in 2018 what he said was true

colby literally fought a month and half ago and is stripped because the ufc cant matchmake for shit and wanted a main event for 228. so they just stripped him and are gonna pretend they never made him the interim lol. that seems to be a pattern with woodley tho, he calls out #1 contenders for title fights on like 2-3 months downtime when hes been on the shelf training for god knows how long. smart move by him and hes getting away with it

I dont recall a fighter getting fucked this hard with a titleshot like Colby. Especially that there are no rules at all the UFC has put in place. Its basically a marketing gimmick at this point to get more viewers without any meaning. Never have I experienced anything like that in boxing and there is also a lot of shady things going on. And there is also Ferguson.

This has damaged my interest in UFC events further and imo WME seriously underestimates how much money is generated from fight fans and not casual viewers.

To me it’s the mma equivalent of The WWF Intercontinental Championship Belt.

As in it is definitely a great achievement but not as good as getting The Real Title:

This:
wwe-intercontinental-belt-2011.jpg

Vs This:
maxresdefault.jpg

UZy7m.jpg

I watch WWE and I know it's a completely form of entertainment, but this comparison is totally way off. As actors, the IC title is for mid carders while the world title is for main event performers. Just saying facts

Back