What's your opinion on Matt Serra getting in to the UFC Hall of Fame?

the same that happened with belts and interim belts is happening to the HOF

they are devaluating sports achievements in favour of media coverage

If it wasn't for the GSP fight he'd be best known for being pimp slapped

i absolutely love serra HOWEVER, its strictly my opinion that he does NOT belong anywhere near the hof!!! what has he done that warrants a hof induction? Ok his fight with gsp is probably the biggest upset of all time in mma but winning one fight should not get someone into the hof regardless of who they beat in that fight.. i was absolutely shocked when i heard that hes in! Dana is continuing to destroy everything he worked so hard for smh!

See, I feel like this is a case where they're putting the moment in the Hall of Fame, and the individual is just the one who gets the credit.

Forrest and Bonnar get in for having one of the most important fights and building the popularity of tUF, even though Forrest is the only one of those two who has an argument for getting in.

Serra's getting in for having the biggest upset in UFC history for years, referenced to this day. You can't argue it's not one of the most memorable moments in UFC history.

So I don't think of it as Matt Serra winning for his career, he's accepting the award on behalf of the moment.

Matt Serra, as a fighter, doesn't deserve to be in an MMA HOF.

That one punch was his big moment in the cage, and not enough to qualify for a legit HOF (which the UFC's is NOT). But Matt is very influential as a coach and trainer and certainly deserves to be recognized as a pioneer of the sport.

Do people really go to the Hall of Fame? I completely forgot it even existed. One day I’d like to see a black beast wax museum statue doing his celebration dong drag.

Who cares about ufc hall of fame.... you will remember who you want to remember not who ufc tell you to remember.

True. But the next generation of fans who never seen this era of fighters will remember the fighters who the UFC decided was worth remembering.

The criteria for getting into the HoF is that the UFC brass likes you and Serra really has that base covered so hell yeah he deserves it.

He pioneered the corner strategy of screaming "BREEEEEATHE!!"

Do people really go to the Hall of Fame? I completely forgot it even existed. One day I’d like to see a black beast wax museum statue doing his celebration dong drag.

When I was a kid i thought players had to go and stay there forever like museum jail. I stand by this.

He won a season of the ultimate fighter, delivered the biggest upset in ufc history, coached a season of tuf and always came to fight....I don't see a problem

Laimon, you’re an expert swimmer that never got into a pool.

'member that? That was just one slice out of a hugely entertaining career.
That was the greatest "dress down" in history! It was perfectly articulated with figurative, metaphorical, hyperbolic speech. He also kept his cool for the most part. It was a site to behold.
I was indifferent about laimon until then. Now, I can't stand him. Every time I see him now I shake my head in disgust.

The real question is who would have an issue with him being in the HOF?

It seems like a no brainer IMHO

He's Dana's buddy and since UFC hall of fame = list of Dana's buddies, it makes perfect sense.

Back