What's your opinion on Matt Serra getting in to the UFC Hall of Fame?

Former UFC WW Champ

Won TUF

Top coach after his career ended.

NYC Gnocchi Eating Champion for the past 10 years

Yeah I think he deserves it.

I like the guy I guess I'm cool with it but other than upsetting GSP I don't really have any idea what else he did. I didn't watch UFC when he fought so it's hard to be mean, but is one big accomplishment enough to get you into the hall of fame? I guess with Serra it was a bit more special given how legendary of a status GSP has.

Oh ya he won TUF so that's another. A great coach but does being a coach count for his sorta thing

I think only dominant champs (multiple defenses, storied career) should be inducted. If they add pioneers separately Serra doesn't make it either, as he didn't grow, dominate or change the sport significantly. Without him there wouldn't be a gap.

But he was a very good, underrated fighter and is a good coach. Also still contributes in other areas and is Dana's buddy, so it's a given he's in there.

Mehh. He is only getting in because he's friends with Dana and is a UFC mouthpiece. He doesn't even deserve to be in the pioneer wing either. Whatever.. <Fedor23>

~Not impressed by this HOF selection.~

Was it the result of him nagging Dana? Who's idea was it? It devalues the significance of legit UFC HOF'ers.

If Faber a guy never to won a ufc title is in Serra 1000% deserves it.

Hi Dana.

It is the UFC Hall of Fame. Big Nog's legacy is clearly in PRIDE.
Watch Big Nog vs. Randy Couture being introduced by Buffer when they fought. It was one of the greatest moments in UFC history.

Not who I would expect, but it makes sense considering he is the first TUF winner to win the UFC belt and KO'd GSP in the biggest upset in UFC history. His contributions to the sport through coaching and his BJJ gym is also an added plus. The first american to obtain a black belt under Renzo Gracie...

One marque win that happened to be massive and clearly a fluke...really didnt see the reason

Back