What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I'll always have a soft spot for 700s. My dad has a BDL in 30-06 that he got in the 70s and that thing is still a tack driver to this day. It was also the first gun I ever shot. My dad's idea of beginning to teach gun safety was to sit me behind it at age 5 and let me shoot it downrange once. Getting blown straight on your ass as a kid teaches you some respect for firearms really quick.

I dig the mountain rifle, I'll probably end up grabbing one at some point.

Similar background here. I grew up with rifles, not so much with hand guns but rifles were a normal thing.

Shot my first deer when I was 10, spent the rest of my life trying to be in the woods and hunting.

Nothing wrong with the 700 and the mountain rifle looks sweet, what's not to like??! A stainless BDL in s composite stock.. seems cool to me.

I don't think Remington makes a 6.5 Creed R700

I'll always have a soft spot for 700s. My dad has a BDL in 30-06 that he got in the 70s and that thing is still a tack driver to this day. It was also the first gun I ever shot. My dad's idea of beginning to teach gun safety was to sit me behind it at age 5 and let me shoot it downrange once. Getting blown straight on your ass as a kid teaches you some respect for firearms really quick.

I sure wouldn't mind having one in 270 or 30-06.

I've already got a kimber montana in 308 with a Swarovski z3 that blasts Barnes ttsx 150g bullets into one single hole all day long.

Something about that Remington though, pop a timney trigger in it and put a leupold vx3 on it and you'd have one hell of a rifle.

Oh, also, immoretty sure the mountain rifle is a BDL, just not an open sighted version.

JUST found a Remington 700 ACTION only for .308 on Buds.

392 bucks. So goddamn tempting.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...oducts_id/2385/Remington+ACTION+700+SA+SS+308

Found a Carbon Steel action for 342 dollars. ARGH
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...ts_id/2381/Remington+ACTION+700+SA+CARBON+308

So, for the receiver... is there a real difference between a carbon receiver group or a stainless receiver group? Everything I am finding by Googling "Carbon vs Stainless" has to do with the barrel and not the receiver. Like, if I were to choose between the two I'd probably get the Carbon because I kinda want to get a spiral fluted bolt down the road just for "ooooo, pretty" reasons but starting off I think all the bolts on the bolt action rifles I have used have been stainless.

Last edited:
Had to call American Express to get involved. Had to begin callin weekly for an update, where they would tell me I should get my rifle next week, or they would tell me they would get back to me but never call me back. Now they don't even answer their phones.

So now Amex is going to mediate, they issued me credit but said the dealer has a month to deliver if they don't they will refund me.

Some fucking bullshit

Sheesh . . . that's pathetic.

Not a weapon but a place to store them. My buddy is going to help me try to tackle building it.

I'm getting to that point again where I'm thinking of thinking the heard of rifles out again and starting a new project, I did it last year but ended up with 3-4 more rifles that i never got around to setting up and I've sort of lost interest now.

Right now I want to put together a really light long range hunting rig in 7mm or 300wm. Thinking of starting with a tikka t3x lite stainless, putting a brake on it, and going from there.

Need to dump like 3 rifles first lol.

I'm thinking my next purchase will be a 22LR of some sort. Undecided between a semi auto or a revolver.

I'm thinking my next purchase will be a 22LR of some sort. Undecided between a semi auto or a revolver.
Pistol or rifle?

Remington 700 SA receiver should be making it's way to me soon. Grab the barrel in like March or something. Just not sure if I'll go with one of those Proof ones or an X-Caliber one.

Pistol or rifle?

Remington 700 SA receiver should be making it's way to me soon. Grab the barrel in like March or something. Just not sure if I'll go with one of those Proof ones or an X-Caliber one.

Pistol. Figure a 22 would be easy to introduce the misses on and of course they say they make for cheap plinking fun.

Pistol. Figure a 22 would be easy to introduce the misses on and of course they say they make for cheap plinking fun.

I would recommend a ruger SR22. Easily the most reliable .22 pistol I've ever shot. I've only had a couple ftf during rapid fire over the course of 1000+ rounds.

I would recommend a ruger SR22. Easily the most reliable .22 pistol I've ever shot. I've only had a couple ftf during rapid fire over the course of 1000+ rounds.
I love how for .22 anything that is semi-auto the go to is Ruger.

Trying to get a slight refund/rebate on an order through Midway right now.

I love how for .22 anything that is semi-auto the go to is Ruger.

Trying to get a slight refund/rebate on an order through Midway right now.

Marlin makes some good 22 rifles. Actually I sort of like them better than the 10/22 because some of them are closer to the size of a real rifle. 10/22s always feel like little kids guns to me.

I just saw on Facebook that ruger is releasing the American predator models in a package with a vortex scope.

Msrp is like 700 bucks but rugers are notorious for being sold waaaaay under msrp. I may grab one of these in 22-250 if I see one at a good price (like 500 dollars).

Those Americans seem to get good reviews and I really want a 22-250 but don't see the need to spend bank on a gun that's mostly just going to ride in the truck when I'm out cruising around the woods or desert. If I can finding one for 5 hundred bucks and use my midway gift certificate to grab a few mags, it could make a cool little gun.

Back