What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I understand that bit too, took me a little while to get used to having the gun under my arm, but I do like how seemingly quick it is. I may even take my sling off; with the pack straps and bino harness, there's a potential for some tangling, but it hasn't happened yet.

I actually use the kifaru one more for small game hunting when I need to get my 22 quick to shoot a bird or something. When I’m going after larger game I usually don’t need such fast access to the rifle.

Patrick smith actually invented it because he was doing lots of solo hunting in Alaska and wanted to be able to get his gun quickly in case of bears. I always have a Glock 20 or a 44mag with me for that, I never really liked sleeping in a tent with a round chambered in my rifle.

Need to get a good instant tent that I can use for super chill music festivals but I also could potentially use for hunting trips in like WA, CO, ID, or UT.

Looking at this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E4AVY8/ref=pe_2537330_285589500_em_1p_0_im

If I got a rainfly would that work? Figure @bushman505 would have an interest in this.

I was going to say, I know people who have lived year round in AK with similar tents and those blue tarps rugged as sort of a reinforcement or rain cover.

Have any of you guys tried that novx Ammo? I got 770 rounds of it as a gift for teaching my step dad to shoot and helping him pick a gun.

Is the stuff any good??? Mostly plan to shoot it from a g19, g43 and a 19x.

Also, who makes a good gun belt, one that is good for outdoor stuff, dosent need to be shiny leather and look nice, just hold my holster nice and comfortably.

Also, who makes a good gun belt, one that is good for outdoor stuff, dosent need to be shiny leather and look nice, just hold my holster nice and comfortably.
Blue Alpha
High Speed Gear
G-Code

All make good duty belts. GarandThumb works with a company that makes a nice belt too, can't remember the name though but he's talked about it on his YouTube channel.

EDIT:
Alonso Defense Group

https://loadoutroom.com/36926/simple-and-effective-alonso-defense-group-emissary-gun-belt/

Blue Alpha
High Speed Gear
G-Code

All make good duty belts. GarandThumb works with a company that makes a nice belt too, can't remember the name though but he's talked about it on his YouTube channel.

EDIT:
Alonso Defense Group

https://loadoutroom.com/36926/simple-and-effective-alonso-defense-group-emissary-gun-belt/

Sweet, I’ll check that out, Im moving to a larger “city” so I’ll need to carry concealed rather than just walking around with my gun in a chest holster and a rifle on the front of my 4x4. I’m guessing even for local area hikes where there’s lots of people it’s probably still better to CC.

I use a Kore Essentials belt. They are the ratcheting type of belt buckle which is the best IMO. I'll never go back to the standard belt buckle. My gun belt of their's has a plastic (I think) center which is stiff and doesn't deform when I have my holster on. I have the shiny leather version, but they have a non-shiny tactical version.

I use a Kore Essentials belt. They are the ratcheting type of belt buckle which is the best IMO. I'll never go back to the standard belt buckle. My gun belt of their's has a plastic (I think) center which is stiff and doesn't deform when I have my holster on. I have the shiny leather version, but they have a non-shiny tactical version.

Thanks dude, I have a gunfighters inc ronin holster for my g19 (actually all of my holsters Now are gunfighters inc). It dosent need to be a if deal since Alaska is t that warm, I need to be able to have it and just throw a flannel or fleece or something on to cover it a bit.

All of these new ammo types like Novx, RIP, etc. just seem like gimmicks. Stick with stuff that meets the FBI test and you'll be good.

Have any of you guys tried that novx Ammo? I got 770 rounds of it as a gift for teaching my step dad to shoot and helping him pick a gun.

All of these new ammo types like Novx, RIP, etc. just seem like gimmicks. Stick with stuff that meets the FBI test and you'll be good.

Free is free; relegate it to plinking/blasting/blowing up fruit if nothing else.

Free is free; relegate it to plinking/blasting/blowing up fruit if nothing else.
That is my opinion too. I would use the ammo for range games with buddies where performance for personal defense isn't important. I wouldn't carry the NovX ammo because I have too much confidence in Federal, Winchester, Hornaday, etc. to swap.

You predator hunt up there often?

You predator hunt up there often?

Sort of, I’ve shot wolves and foxes but I don’t go out and look for them or call them in. I’m in AZ for a bit, was thinking of trying to shoot coyotes although I have no idea if the hunting laws here since I just shot one elk here....15 years ago.

Sort of, I’ve shot wolves and foxes but I don’t go out and look for them or call them in. I’m in AZ for a bit, was thinking of trying to shoot coyotes although I have no idea if the hunting laws here since I just shot one elk here....15 years ago.

I was going to say if you were curious of it's performance you could test the ammo or any type of ammo on them. Head shot with rifle and run up and do a lung/heart shot with what you want to test. Inspect.

Last edited:
I was going to say if you were curious of it's performance you could test the ammo or any type of ammo on them. Head shot with rifle and run up and do a lung/heart shot with what you want to test. Inspect.

Yeah I suppose I could try that. Or get some pig heads.

So after 3 months waiting for my application to clear I finaly picked up my RAR 22 WMR, Dianna Ntec 340 and Huglu 12g. If the weather clears tomorrow I'll sight the 22wmr in at the range and go pop some rabbits in the afternoon.

Back