What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I want a 17L with an ALG Mount, a Primary Arms Micro RDS, and a surefire TLR1 for no good reason......
Want a 19x... grind off that goofy lip on the front so I can use any mags I want and throw a threaded barrel in and a Agency comp.

Want a 19x... grind off that goofy lip on the front so I can use any mags I want and throw a threaded barrel in and a Agency comp.
The 19x is a compact slide and barrel on a full sized frame, correct?

{<huh}

Don't make much sense to me, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.

The 19x is a compact slide and barrel on a full sized frame, correct?

{<huh}

Don't make much sense to me, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.
I like how the 17 grip fits in my hand but hate how long it is.

Weird I know.

The steel targets in that game are basically what I made, immediately caught my eye.

7NEEkoW.jpg

c2XS9tL.jpg
The fact that Far Cry 5 was set in fictional Montana was a major reason for me wanting to play it. Kinda also makes me want an AR again, kinda.

Yeah, I ran the elastic "bra" for a few seasons, which I didn't actually mind much, but to be honest, I'm a bit of a pack rat. I've never went out without either my rangefinder or binoculars, but I do like the idea of a bino harness that lets me carry a bunch of shit together.

For this upcoming season, I want to have more dedicated hunting gear that's just grab-and-go, hence the bino harness and day pack.
I made the switch last season to a more ready to go system. I keep my bino harness with all of it's contents, a tree harness, a jacket, and my hunting backpack in my truck all hunting season. That way I all I have to grab is a weapon, and I'm ready to hit the woods. Another benefit I've found is that the bino harness makes a great place to rest my phone. As more or less of a stereotypical eastern tree stand hunter I find myself often watching youtube videos while sitting in a tree.

That reminds me that I need to get a better backpack before the season starts. Mine is way too heavy and has too many pockets.

I’ve run AGC bono harnesses for years, there’s nothing better out there. I keep a few rifle rounds, range finder, havalon knife and tags in there as well.

Okay guys . . . need some help making a decision.

I've got this complete 450 Bushmaster Upper and 100 rds of ammo that I'm trying to sell . . . I've had a guy offer a Marlin 1895 in 45/70 as a trade. I've seen pictures . . . it looks like a nice rifle and has less than 75 rds through it.

Just not sure I have a need for it.

I've got this complete 450 Bushmaster Upper and 100 rds of ammo that I'm trying to sell . . . I've had a guy offer a Marlin 1895 in 45/70 as a trade. I've seen pictures . . . it looks like a nice rifle and has less than 75 rds through it.

Are you going to try to sell the 45/70 if you traded for it?

Alright.

Yeah polymer coatings.

coatedbullets_fig-2.jpg

529955.jpg

Yeah, they make up names but effectively i believe its nothing but powder coating.

I like them. The hard one's load good and shoot good. Im pushing the 45cal 225grn bullets 970fps outa my 1911 and xd. They dont foul in the barrel or nutt'n.

What year was the Marlin made? You want pre-Freedom Group made Marlins. Once Freedom Group bought them their QC went to crap. The older ones bring higher $$.

Is it a JM stamped marlin or one made within the last year? If so go for it, if not I’d give it a thourough examination as there were several years where these rifles were just junk.

Which model is it? The guide gun or the big loop extended magazine version? Or is it the full size? I have one of the guide gun models and it’s pretty sweet, it’s short so it’s very handy, it comes along anytime we go camping or boacting.

What year was the Marlin made? You want pre-Freedom Group made Marlins. Once Freedom Group bought them their QC went to crap. The older ones bring higher $$.

The brand new on a seem to be much better than those crappy freedom group ones, I agree though if it’s a JM stamped one, jump on it.

Is it a JM stamped marlin or one made within the last year? If so go for it, if not I’d give it a thourough examination as there were several years where these rifles were just junk.

Which model is it? The guide gun or the big loop extended magazine version? Or is it the full size? I have one of the guide gun models and it’s pretty sweet, it’s short so it’s very handy, it comes along anytime we go camping or boacting.

I'll need to take a closer look at the pictures . . . I've asked for a manufacture date.

Hopefully I won't have to worry about it as I've sent a potential buyer an invoice for the upper.

That is what I've heard . . .

Back