Whats with this manlet stuff?

You all act like there's some big mystery as to why most people are not interested in 125 pound fighters .

You know what's going to happen going in. They go the distance most of the time and no one ever gets hurt or put in danger. The only time that's not the case is in mismatches.

They are not exciting. That's all there is to it, nothing "deeper".

tom_cruise_scully_box.jpg
Ok is he the Cruisest one?!?

is a 6´2, 130 lbs guy considered a "manlet"? its just the height or the weight, or a combination of both?

It's like watching under 15 tennis or minor league baseball.

Why would anyone do it?

Everyone is a manlet compared to Robert Wadlow.

Manlet is something insecure men say to make themselves feel better. I'm 6'4".

Calling fighters manlets makes insecure sherdoggers feel good about themselves.

I don’t hate manlets, I hate manlets that doesn’t cut weight; they’re like 5’7 or 5’8 and fights at FW...
If they’re going to be manlets, at least kill yourself to make BW or 5’6 to make FyW, there’re 5’6 fighting at BW, and 5’7 OR TALLER at FW.
<DisgustingHHH>
The fact that you need to use the term manlet for someone who doesn't meet a fabricated height standard indicates some deep rooted issue.

"Manlet" is usually reserved for fighters who're very small in size. Usually, the 135 division, and also regarding any talk of a male 120,115, or 105 division. There was another term, "Vanilla Midget" which in Pro Wrestling referred to anyone under the height of 6 foot 4, who's "plain" or generic.

There's a LOT of people who don't like watching fights between guys the size of seventh graders. There's a lot of people who don't like watching fights between women. Lots of people hate watching fights that devolve into "boxing matches", and lots of people who hate watching fights that are essentially a lay-n-pray or hug-n-tug situation. And for each thing these fans hate, is a fan who loves it.

I hate watching MM because he's smaller than my 13 year old nephew. I just can't. Then again, I work with a guy who stands 5 foot three, and MM is his favorite fighter - he said that he feels he identifies with MM, and that MM represents "people like him". I know an old guy who hates WMMA because "women shouldn't fight, it's unlady-like". I know a feminist who feels that Amanda Nunes represents her, as she's a gay athlete and feels that Nunes is her representative in MMA.
The issue here is that people feel the need to put a label, in this case a degrading one, on someone who doesn't meet their height standard. It's the same thing when you label a person by the colour of their skin. It just displays an insecurity and fear of those people/s, possible stemming from some deep rooted issues. Not saying you do that, but the ones throwing the term 'manlet' around to compensate for their own shortcomings, pun intended.

is a 6´2, 130 lbs guy considered a "manlet"? its just the height or the weight, or a combination of both?
It's anyone who incites insecurities and fear in them. If they are not small in stature, they'll find another term to try to degrade them.

An honest answer..... The little guy fights are going so fast that it almost resembles choreographed dance. Not always, but a majority of the time. There isn't anyone like this at that weight anymore.
wpid-norifumi_kid_yamamoto_vs_royler_gracie1.gif
you're just not watching MMA then.... unless you mean 125

Its just fucking losers who have nothing going for them but being tall. Its pathetic. I'm 6'3" btw and making fun of people for anything they are born being is just low brow bullshit.

Sure you are, lil fella

tallkat_and_tiny_man_by_lowerrider-d5retyg.jpg

You can't have the Ultimate Fighting Circus without midgets.

Someone help me out with the smaller weight class bias...

I don't get it either. The distribution of human males on planet Earth dictates that the 145lb-170lb divisions will be the most competitive, by virtue of most men being this size.

That would be a lanklet, still considered far more attractive to women than a manlet...

Back