What's up with the GSP hate here?

Seriously. GSP is the GOAT MMA fighter. 10 straight title defences in a WW division that was full of killers. Only lost 2 fights ever, and avenged both with finishes. Beat 2 Hall of famers. Never talked trash. Never got busted for any type of PED. The first half of his career was almost all finishes. Then he blew out his knees, and couldn't get the finish, but still dominated guys like Condit, Diaz, shields, Penn etc. Like serious wtf?

In my eyes I'm okay with GSP coming back and fighting Bisping for the belt. GSP retired the WW champion, with more title defences than any WW will be able to try to pass. He wants to move up and challenge for the belt. So be it. He's earned it. Sherdogs hate for GSP makes zero sense.
Don't try to figure it out. Its sherdog man. The hate is strong here.

That's not necessary. I'm a huge Conor fan and still made this thread. I know it seems crazy someone can be a fan of both Conor and GSP
Sorry for the unnecessary actions......Ha! It's true though.

GSP is a roided pointfighter.
Decision master.
Boring.
Well below AS, JJ, and Fedor.
And on the juice.
HGH gut.
Did I mention roids? {<jimmies}{<jimmies}

Seriously. GSP is the GOAT MMA fighter. 10 straight title defences in a WW division that was full of killers. Only lost 2 fights ever, and avenged both with finishes. Beat 2 Hall of famers. Never talked trash. Never got busted for any type of PED. The first half of his career was almost all finishes. Then he blew out his knees, and couldn't get the finish, but still dominated guys like Condit, Diaz, shields, Penn etc. Like serious wtf?

In my eyes I'm okay with GSP coming back and fighting Bisping for the belt. GSP retired the WW champion, with more title defences than any WW will be able to try to pass. He wants to move up and challenge for the belt. So be it. He's earned it. Sherdogs hate for GSP makes zero sense.

no, no no. gsp did not finish fights post-serra, because he stopped trying to finish. it was evident to all that he intentionally became a point-fighter, to, as he says himself, avoid risks. he has also said that he fights safely, and assess fights as five-fights, with each fight being one round. in that way, he fights to score as many points as possible. and when he attempted to finish a fight, ala his second fight with koscheck, he tried landing ugly-ass chuck liddell wannabe overhand rights while having his weight on his heels, because he was so fearful of being countered. go back and watch that fight. it was hideos.

as a person, you can't beat gsp. he is extremely nice and courteous. at least that's how he appears. but as a fighter, he is difficult to root for.

Last edited:
Whatever your opinion is of GSP it doesn't affect the beating he will put on Bisping.

This has been going on for more than a decade, started by butt-hurt Hughes and BJ fans. I have many scars from my battle with them. January 31, 2009 was our finest victory.

This will be only the 2nd time in my UFC lifetime that I will be rooting for GSP. Watching him destroy Matt Serra in the sequel was one of the few joys i've ever experienced with GSPs UFC Career.
Matt had to have had a couple of ribs broken, in the finish of that fight. Brutal fucking knees there.

• He is not the GOAT.
  • He is boring.
  • He fights safe because his fear of failure is strong.
  • He got rich betraying his original management team.
  • He never used his stature to promote fair treatment of fighters.

Dude, it's mostly worthless

It's just garbage trolls like @Toner. Don't worry about that delusional tard. He is probably the worst poster on this site and that is quite the accomplishment when there are some pretty terrible ones here.

Even she got some hate following the loss to Cyborg. Totally unjustifiable imo. :D

And you know how bad it is when Gina gets criticism.

The only way not to get hate on Sherdog is to be unknown. I suspect most fighters, to the extent that they're aware of what goes on on Internet forums, like getting a lot of hate - it means they've made it. Every top fighter has a lot of hate, and the more they're known, the more hate they get.

Well,

There is this thing called BJ Penn and Anderson Silva fans.....Yeah, we've been making fun of them for a decade now, and their very pissed. So they vent their frustration at GSP....

The hate he gets here is pretty bizarre to me, but it's a good way to spot the idiots.

Last time he fought, McGregor had just beat Holloway. It was a long time ago and McGregor seems to have bought a new era of fan in who probably haven’t seen GSP fight.

Maybe it’s the fact it’s been a while, he didn’t dominate his last fight for once, and he’s moving up in weight.

There's an easy way to determine if someone respects GSP's career, look at their join date (or when they started watching MMA). Anyone belittling his competition wasn't around and aware of just how good the guys he dominated were. Anyone throwing around roid accusations aren't aware of much of anything. They see one picture and go with the HGH gut myth (and have no idea what a strong core looks like when you're breathing heavy). They call lipomas on the abs, fat deposit bumps caused by frequent weight cutting, "proof" (Conor, Rumble, T-Ferg, etc. also all have them - pretty much anyone that's fairly lean and that has had their weight flucuate for a number of years).

Basically, it's newbie, clueless, uneducated "fans" that disparage top fighters. People that are aware of the facts, and have a decent amount of knowledge, don't. You may wish GSP had a higher finish rate, but once you realize that it's harder to finish better competition, and with so much on the line, champions tend to have a lower finish rate than they did while working their way up, and that's not just GSP.

GSP hates really boils down to the fact he was so incredibly dominate that Just Bleeders wish he'd traded that domination for finishes.
This

One of the most overrated fighters in MMA history. His record speaks for itself. Matt Hughes and BJ Penn aren't great wins anymore sorry. He also lost to Hendricks and got a hometown decision.
Wins don't degrade over time when judging goat status. If that were true, Fedor wouldn't be top 10 and neither would Anderson.

Back