What's up with the GSP hate here?

It's really fucking weird that people are super confident that Michael Bisping will beat GSP imo. Surprise surprise muthafuckas, the king is back

This will be only the 2nd time in my UFC lifetime that I will be rooting for GSP. Watching him destroy Matt Serra in the sequel was one of the few joys i've ever experienced with GSPs UFC Career.

he took that BS decision and ran, wanted no part of a rematch against hendricks

I dont hate him but that was kinda meh

Seriously. GSP is the GOAT MMA fighter. 10 straight title defences in a WW division that was full of killers. Only lost 2 fights ever, and avenged both with finishes. Beat 2 Hall of famers. Never talked trash. Never got busted for any type of PED. The first half of his career was almost all finishes. Then he blew out his knees, and couldn't get the finish, but still dominated guys like Condit, Diaz, shields, Penn etc. Like serious wtf?

In my eyes I'm okay with GSP coming back and fighting Bisping for the belt. GSP retired the WW champion, with more title defences than any WW will be able to try to pass. He wants to move up and challenge for the belt. So be it. He's earned it. Sherdogs hate for GSP makes zero sense.
what makes zero sense is coming back and getting gifted a title defense after 4 years into retirement
I am a fan of GSP, but this is some crazy BS.
No retired fighter EVER earn the right to fight straight for the belt on a division they never fought at.
And I like GSP.
I would be OK with him fighting Woodley. At least you can say this was his division.
But Bisping? A guy who still did not fight ANY top contender from his own division??? I fail to see how you can make such a claim.

There is no "hate on GSP". I haven't seen any. There are simple observations from people who do not agree with this GSP GOAT nonsense.

He never tested positive during an era with no testing, while a lot of fighters were suspicious of him.

The WW division was not, and is not full of killers. GSP fans exaggerate how competitive the WW division was to compensate for his boring decision streak. Also, GSP fans are the firs to shit on Silva and Jones, simply to make an argument that "GSP is the very best", it's ludicrous.

So, it's the GSP fans that sometimes get a slap on the wrist, that's all.

He never talked trash, but he is as smug as Silva and Jones....so, his character is nothing to look at.

Never popped for any PED. Unlike one of your likely heros, Anderson, Jon jones. Or Fedor who fought in a Yakuza owned promotion with zero drug testing

during an era with no rigorous testing. LOL.

GOAT top 5
1- Fedor
2- Silva
3- Jones
4- Aldo
5- Conor (if he defends).

GSP isn't even in a top-5 GOAT list.

KOed in his prime by a pizza eating bjj journeyman. And hes been shooting scared wrestler doubles and refusing to pass guard ever since

That's not necessary. I'm a huge Conor fan and still made this thread. I know it seems crazy someone can be a fan of both Conor and GSP

I'm a fan of both but I don't think you and I are where the hate is coming from.

Sherdog is full of cunts that's why. Bunch of fucking fucks

Nothing new people on here have been hating on him for many years

It’s Sherdog and here everyone is hated except for perhaps Gina Carano.

Perfect answer. And that being said...

25ae5c801d43cce1157957a6aac6fb9b09197530dbf4d3639ffbb22fdd81ce0c.jpg

It seems to me that most of the hate is directed towards Bisping and the UFC, not GSP. In any event, I think the backlash would have been less if this were Bisping's first title defense. But the fact that Bisping fought Hendo and is now fighting GSP has solidified the perception that Bisping is avoiding contenders.

More importantly, the MW division was the most exciting and talent-stacked that it's ever been, but this Bisping nonsense has completely shut down the division's momentum. It's created a situation where deserving contenders are having to take non-title fights, and they're losing; essentially robbing them of their title opportunities. Bisping's first title defense should have been against Yoel, who should have then defended against Jacare in his first defense. Instead, Bisping is fighting non-contenders and both Yoel and Jacare have lost in the meantime. The situation is magnified by the fact that both Yoel and Jacare are getting quite long in the tooth.

The haters are more than happy to accuse GSP of cheating but had no issues with Hendricks roiding up.

Anyone near the top of the GOAT chase will be hated by fanboys of other fighters. Fedor ruined his GOAT legacy in Strikeforce. Anderson and Jones ruined theirs by cheating.

The one legit knock on GSP is that he sucked at finishing and obeyed his coaches and fought safe. But he wasn't nearly as boring as say Askren or Fitch.

This is sherdog. They prefer their fighters to be dope cheats, criminals or showboating braggarts. Find someone who is humble and technically has close to no flaws and he is a boring fighter who has to be a cheater.

IMO, GSP is definitely in the Top 3 in MMA. Say what you want, but he had an awesome career and a has a good resume.

It seems that in hindsight every fighter considered a great is rejudged regarding his competition. Opponents of Fedor, Anderson, and GSP are constantly degraded as being chumps or that the division was shit during their tenure. Thus, their reigns are not considered worthy of greatness. They fought the best of their time and did it better than most others.

Back