Whats the worst Denzel Washington movie?

Also, the screenplay for Crimson Tide was punched up by Quentin Tarantino (uncredited). Which is why parts of the dialogue are so awesome. He made everybody a bit cooler, and added in a few monologues.

There is also a classic story of a confrontation on the set between Denzel & Quentin that got heated.
I never knew about that. But the scene where they were talking about the horses, that was originally supposed to happen toward the beginning of the film. Denzel Washington had them move the scene to the part it is at now because he said it would be better there, in that intense situation. Brilliant IMO.

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif
giphy.gif

the 'I will not stand down' scene from Crimson Tide is the greatest example of cinematic tension I can think of .....

brilliant film. the film is so good, steve zahn has a serious role that doesn't even get noticed nor stand out as odd. Impressive IMO

How about what was the best... easier - less to choose from.

Riccochet was wicked man don't talk shit.

The worst Denzel movie was probably John Q. I watched it because my mom was an extra in it, but the movie was pretty lame. She said that the director told them "ok guys DW is gonna come out soon, anyone who makes eye contact with him is fired."

Heart Condition probably hasn't aged well and John Q is the one where he takes over the hospital because they won't give his son a heart transplant.
They're not bad movies though but probably his worst.

At the moment I am watching John Q for the first time in years. Seems like they just wanted to make a movie to expose doctors and medical insurance providers as careless. I can’t envision a fully equipped hospital refusing service to a child.

I remember Bone Collector being pretty meh.

Mighty Quinn overall. Virtuosity from the movies people have actually seen.

As for John Q, these two scenes kill it. No matter how the rest of the movie played out.

Unstoppable.

Denzel and Chris pine try to stop an empty train from derailing.

to this day, his character in Training Day is the scariest fictional character I've ever seen. Dirty cops are real and he played the dirtiest sob

51YhLfWqqQL.jpg

he does seem to make consistantly good movies.......flight was awesome and the equilizer was more awesemer

"I've been planning this all week!!"

BL was just a drug addict with a badge and a gun. Plus Eva mendes naked counting $>>>jacking to some bridge and tunnel trash in their car

I finally got around to watching John Q earlier this year, what a piece of shit.

Great idea, great lead actor, but the rest of it felt like a bad music video director trying to make a film.
But you watched it because Denzel was in it. lol. Star Power

Back