Whats the verdict on milk?

Corin7hian

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Im in a lean bulking phase for the winter and due to time restraints (school, work, gf ect ect) it can be hard to eat a meal at times. I thought whole milk from the grocery store would be a great addition but i have heard many for and against milk.

Opinions?

If you can handle lactose then drink milk. If you can't then don't. Simple as that really.

-_- lean bulking phase -_-

if you like milk, drink it. if you don't or it makes you poot, then don't.

Perhaps i should have been more clear. I understand that its an extremely nutritious addition to any diet but many people are convinced that milk is like poison. Yes i love milk and am not intolerant. Just confused about whether or not it would be smart to make this a mainstay.

If you're talking about the China study, don't worry about it. Milk is fine.

You're indirectly drinking antibiotics and bovine growth hormones. The mainstream has also finally caught up with the fact milk weakens bones, not really relevant unless you're an elderly woman at risk of osteoporosis, but still a fact. Milk isn't healthy. It's not going to kill you, probably a lot of things in your diet are unhealthy.

After drinking almond milk for years I now find normal milk gross, it has an unpleasant buttery/dairy after-taste and I don't like the effect it has on body odour and skin pores. If you've been drinking it for years you probably don't even notice these effects any more.

You're indirectly drinking antibiotics and bovine growth hormones. The mainstream has also finally caught up with the fact milk weakens bones, not really relevant unless you're an elderly woman at risk of osteoporosis, but still a fact. Milk isn't healthy. It's not going to kill you, probably a lot of things in your diet are unhealthy.

After drinking almond milk for years I now find normal milk gross, it has an unpleasant buttery/dairy after-taste and I don't like the effect it has on body odour and skin pores. If you've been drinking it for years you probably don't even notice these effects any more.
The uncertainty surrounding the refreshed looks at long-term milk/calcium consumption and osteoporosis doesn't even allege this; in fact, the study that reinvigorated investigation was comparing milk drinkers to non-milk drinkers, specifically, in an epidemiological framework. That study simply observed that fracture rates aren't reduced. If you're going to overreact with wholesale dismissals like "milk isn't healthy", then go ahead and throw out vegetables because there was like that one study like that one time that showed that people who ate carnivorous diets exhibited better health markers than those who didn't consume animal protein or ate a balanced diet including vegetables. But then you have to throw out red meat because about a billion studies decades ago linked it and saturated fat to a bunch of stuff they later decided was caused by other stuff. Some of that stuff is in milk. But broscientists didn't like the idea of not eating red meat, so they made sure to make every possible qualification for red meat under the presumption a person would do everything else right with their diet to accommodate it (i.e. avoid massive intake of sugar/starch) while also carefully deflecting any established negative health consequences to other potential culprits of dietary context.

Which they can also do with milk.
If you can handle lactose then drink milk. If you can't then don't. Simple as that really.
Nailed it.

Milk will make you commit crimes. It is 100% known that all criminals have taken milk at some point of their lives, which was a catalyst to their criminal venture(s).

Milk will make you commit crimes. It is 100% known that all criminals have taken milk at some point of their lives, which was a catalyst to their criminal venture(s).

Jeffrey Dahmer drank milk, as did Ted Bundy and Richard Ramirez.

Coincidence?

Damm, maybe I should reconsider my diet.... nah, a tall glass of milk and a couple of cookies sounds awesome right now. I regret nothing.

Almond milk is one of the worst tasting substances known to planet earth.

Ran out reg milk and had to resort to throwing almond in my coffee... instantaneously throw up

LONG LIVE 2%, WHAT WHAAAT

I've heard this as well, the best I heard are from humans.
Just between you and I, the stuff about the best milk coming from humans is a red herring. I've got one word for you: golden retriever.

This thread is brilliant.

Getting serious for a minute, I drink fresh raw goat's milk from time to time, from a friend who has dairy goats and makes cheeses (the chevre cheese is excellent, btw) and it's not bad so long as you drink it fresh. The heavy taste only comes in after a day or two in the fridge.

I always use raw cow's milk rather than the stuff in the stores, people argue both sides a lot about whether it's more healthy or not worth the trouble but I drink it for the simple reason it's just... better.

I'd wager there are at least a few vegan criminals, out there somewhere, who never drank milk.

Back