What's the point of GSP-Silva? No matter who wins, the other side will say it means nothing.

It will be like when Joe Calzaghe beat Jeff Lacy; while watching it you know something amazing is happening and no matter how it is looked at after the event it is a rare moment everyone watching will in in ore and enjoying witnessing a part of history.

Agreed. Anderson is so past due and is so much larger, I honestly can't see what the point would be. It settles little to nothing and doesn't bring much excitement. Put Anderson in there against other retirees or bums.

GSP I'd prefer stays retired; there isn't any match up except a WW title bout or Connor that gets me excited as he has nothing to gain from it. He isn't some rock em sock em fighter either, he's about winning, so what is the point of putting him against Nick Diaz or Robbie Lawler?

More snow for Dana's driveway.

4DVcEqq.jpg
I'm still trying to figure this one out lol. Like it's a slippery slope?

Hating on fighters for tapping to strikes is absurd. Some of the toughest fighters of all time have tapped to strikes. If anything tapping to a choke is worse than tapping to strikes. Strikes do permanent damage, if you can't defend yoursef anymore you might as well tap. FFS Shogun tapped to strikes.

Lets not act like going up ten pounds, when you're already a huge fw, to fight Eddie Alvarez is the same thing as going up to fight Anderson Silva. Alvarez is an average sized lw. Silva is a huge mw. Alvarez is an easy style match up for Conor, and a somewhat inconsistent and one dimensional fighter. Silva is the best MW of all time.

Just because both situations involve going up in weight doesn't mean they're equal. Silva took lhw fights, but never fought Jones, Shogun, Machida, Rashad, etc. He wanted no part of a title fight at LHW, he fought nothing but easy style matchups there.

Shogun like Fedor were highly overrated. Shogun has a worse record then Henderson who also has an apaling record despite the many gift title shots.

I know what you are saying but, it still makes me cringe that GSP is now thinking to fight Anderson now that he is a fragile fractured version of his best self. Its not the most heroic of move. No call out for Hendricks either.

He openly said, fights at LHW were more a favor for UFC then actually a UFC LHW run. I feel we the fans got robbed of a fight with Jones.

A fraud who got busted for multiple PED's and went almost 5 years winless until getting a gift decision over an average MW.

He is also the same MW that one punched Hendo into oblivion and choked him out in the same fight. Not that impressive given he had a 9-11 UFC record + 0-4 in title shots that were all gifts.

According to nate, everyone is on PEDs. You probably on PEDs. I blame low testosterone and being an AFC fan. How many decades have they gone title less? In Winger we trust lol

I still want to see it from a fan stand point. I do not think it will live up to what could have been 6-7 years ago. I still see Silva winning either way.

AS didn't look too small against any of the 205'ers he fought. Think about that.

How would George's look standing next to Forest?

He has trained with MW and LHW fighters so in sure he knows how the size difference will play.

Did quite a bit of ducking yet, now that Silva has fallen from grace, this fight is ok as is mw. very heroic move. In before Silva flat lines him.

I still want to see it from a fan stand point. I do not think it will live up to what could have been 6-7 years ago. I still see Silva winning either way.

No shit. One fighter tries dry humping. The other is a ko artist known for highlight reel finishes. Even with being past his prime, GSP has not shown any fire since beating Sera or Hughes III. Its been pepper jab city or dry humping to bogus decision win. I hate Hendricks especially pre usada but, who scored that fight for GSP must be a corrupt judge from the North. A blind man could have picked the correct winner in that fight.

The most ironic part about GSP dry humping and play it safe is that, he has finish and by doing these obnoxious safety tactics, he takes brain damage and head trauma in the process. If he tried a sub or a GNP instead of the dry hump, he likely sells better too, and making more for a finish bonus.

If the GOAT Manlet who is a natty LW can make GPS tap to strikes, Andy or Mcg hit him dead.

Shogun like Fedor were highly overrated. Shogun has a worse record then Henderson who also has an apaling record despite the many gift title shots.

I know what you are saying but, it still makes me cringe that GSP is now thinking to fight Anderson now that he is a fragile fractured version of his best self. Its not the most heroic of move. No call out for Hendricks either.

He openly said, fights at LHW were more a favor for UFC then actually a UFC LHW run. I feel we the fans got robbed of a fight with Jones.

Sure NOW Shogun is washed up, but when he was champ he wanted to fight Silva and Andy wanted no part of it. I just feel like it's silly when people imply champs that didn't go up are cowards. when like 99% of fighters don't fight above their natural weight.

And the few that do either pick their fights carefully like Andy, or get their career destroyed like Penn. As far as Henderson goes, can't forget that while he has plenty of losses he also has some of the biggest wins of all time, including wins over the #1 and #2 all time hws.

When you only fight the baddest motherfuckers you're going to take some losses.

No shit. One fighter tries dry humping. The other is a ko artist known for highlight reel finishes. Even with being past his prime, GSP has not shown any fire since beating Sera or Hughes III. Its been pepper jab city or dry humping to bogus decision win. I hate Hendricks especially pre usada but, who scored that fight for GSP must be a corrupt judge from the North. A blind man could have picked the correct winner in that fight.

The most ironic part about GSP dry humping and play it safe is that, he has finish and by doing these obnoxious safety tactics, he takes brain damage and head trauma in the process. If he tried a sub or a GNP instead of the dry hump, he likely sells better too, and making more for a finish bonus.

If the GOAT Manlet who is a natty LW can make GPS tap to strikes, Andy or Mcg hit him dead.

Strikers get so much praise for playing to their strengths, yet grapplers get shit on for playing to theirs. Kinda hypocritical. Notice how Andy had no interest in grappling with Maia or Leites? He was also more than willing to have a boring shitty fight if his opponent didn't lead and give him counter opportunities, like the non fight with Cote or the staring contest with Diaz (lol) and Bisping.

Fighters fight to their strengths. Strikers aren't more fearless or badass for avoiding grappling at all costs.

The point is that we get to watch them fight. Wtf is wrong with this forum. Everyone caught up on titles and status. I would like to see GSP fight Anderson so that I can see who wins.

At one point cote and loiqasou(bad sp I know) were both on point strikers, George's was training with them all the time and his striking was on point then too.

No one he's around anymore is a really good crisp striker that's why his striking had declined IMO.

Back