What's the fascination with this Ngannou?

Same thing UFC do every year. Find a fighter > hype the fighter > the fighter wins > hype the fighter more.

The hype will stop when it loses and UFC will find someone else.

Have to agree with this. If he was white, people would be saying he knocked out a couple of very chinny fighters. But he's black, so he's explosive.

What a load of horseshit.

If white guys don't get credit for KOing people how the fuck do you explain Platinum Nation?

Ngannou had like two fans on this forum until he flatlined Reem who, despite being old and chinny, was the #1 contender in the division. Meanwhile Perry has legions of supporters even after demonstrating that he can't do shit to fighters who aren't stupid enough to serve up their chins.

whenever a black hw comes in and knocks guys out people go nuts. it happened with brett rogers. it happened with derrick lewis.

The fuck it did. Everybody thought Rogers was a joke even after he beat Arlovski. The takeaway from that fight was that AA was done and that Fedor had ruined his chin.

ETA LOL @ this fantasy world where MMA fans are in love with muscular black fighters. The only groups that I've seen fetishized to the extent that people are talking about in this thread are Eastern Bloc types and Brazilians (back when Brazil ruled the elite level of the sport).

Last edited:
He’s like Carwin everyone loves a KO machine.

Americans enjoy watching Blacks even if they're not African Americans. It's probably because they dominate in ball and combat sports in the US for so long and not to mention, they're more exciting to watch.

Few years ago in the US open, Americans were cheering for Gael Monfes (who is a black French) against their fellow countryman John Isner and he wasn't happy, it was embarassing.

Last edited:
He reminds me of Lennox Lewis, got that look.

War Stipe.

And what's this "A" level power bullshit? They're fuckin' HW's for Gods sake. Each one of them has the power to take a dudes dome clean off. Hits like car? Lemme guess.... a quote from Dana?

White American men seem to have a weird love affair for large muscular black men, its realy quit weird

He's a good boxer, very quick for his size. Speed+power

He's Big, Black, & Jacked, from a sh!thole/house country about to to fight for a coveted American title.

8wqyW_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Ngannou has bought into his own hype.

He will now join the likes of Bret Rogers and Rhonda Rousey

People love foreign broken English speaking ass kickers

Khabib
Joanna
Francis

Fluent English speaker fighter: “I’m gonna go in there and come out with the W”
Crowd: “...... ........”
Broken English opponent: “I put fist in face. They drop. I make history”
Crowd: “yeeeeEEEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!”

From just the cliche speech alone makes the "fluent English speaking" fighters sound boring, because most of them repeat the same lines as almost every other fighters say.

"I'm gonna go in there and give it a 110%"

They sound like a robot.

He's a good fighter that knocks people the fuck out in brutal fashion?

This weird cuckold mindset that so many white americans have. It's disturbing. The only thing I can figure is that the two biggest sports in america, basketball and football, are dominated by large black dudes, and that roots itself in their subconscious.

Is it because he came from nothing, or is because of his KO of EcoReem, or is it because he is raw like someone who stepped out of a little village and is savage, or is it because many feel that he is that guy who reminds them of something personal? (Hint, adult)! Be honest why this fascination? For me, I see a poor man trying to make a living of off his size, nothing more or less!

Umm, WOW! Quoted for WOW. Jesus Christ. Ban please

He knocks mother f***ers out.
Whats not to like? ?

I present Sherdog's most popular fighter ever for 2 days. The hype was comical.

papy_abedi1.gif
cmon broseph, he had the cigar, the cap, ripped af, charismatic smile.
Plus his fights were all very explosive.
And iirc he's Swedish.
Bring Papi back dammit!

Back