What's the fascination with this Ngannou?

Is it because he came from nothing, or is because of his KO of EcoReem, or is it because he is raw like someone who stepped out of a little village and is savage, or is it because many feel that he is that guy who reminds them of something personal? (Hint, adult)! Be honest why this fascination? For me, I see a poor man trying to make a living of off his size, nothing more or less!
you care enough to bitch about people liking a fighter. He must be doing something right.

As long as I've lurked on Sherdog, there has always been a peculiar fascination with big muscular guys (I still remember those threads about Papy Abedi). In a nutshell, the biggest part of it is a fascination with a potential world destroyer who looks like a superhero and just walks through his opponents with pure unadulterated force. However, there's also a certain part that exudes some weird "omg, big muscle dude should impregnate my gf and do me in the butt" vibe.
The "I want him to unload into my wife" guy who had some kind of strange cuck ideas about Uberreem was just one example.

If this is a genuine question, Papi Abedi. Sherdog's favorite fighter for 2 days.
Ah ok. It was a genuine question. I remembered his face, but forgot his name. Prospect for sure.

African, black dude with a crazy physique, huge and KO power. People tend to go nuts for that, especially when he has only one loss in his second fight. Remember Sokodjou before he was a journeyman? People were eating it up, same set of reasons.

Same reason why people were excited about Anthony Joshua in boxing. The general public have a weird fetish about big black guys.

What a load of horseshit.

If white guys don't get credit for KOing people how the fuck do you explain Platinum Nation?

Ngannou had like two fans on this forum until he flatlined Reem who, despite being old and chinny, was the #1 contender in the division. Meanwhile Perry has legions of supporters even after demonstrating that he can't do shit to fighters who aren't stupid enough to serve up their chins.
I've never seen anyone claim Platinum is a one in a million or A level athlete

Back