Whats the difference between Khabib Nurgamedov and Ben Askren?

Similar styles and similar personalities, but one was embraced by the UFC and one was shunned from it. Why is this the case?
Khabibs GnP is way more vicious imo. Thats the difference

One Beats top ten, the other beats top cans

What are you talking about?

Khabib best wins: Rafael dos Anjos Michael Johnson, Gleison Tibau, Pat Healy and that's it. Outside of that he never fought anyone worth mentioning.

Askren best wins: Douglas Lima, Andrei Koreshkov, Jay Hieron and Lyman Good.

The level of competition is not that different.

Plus, Khabib cuts a ridiculous amount of weight and just bullies guys at LW, while Askren fights guys way bigger than him at WW.

What are you talking about?

Khabib best wins: Rafael dos Anjos Michael Johnson, Gleison Tibau, Pat Healy and that's it. Outside of that he never fought anyone worth mentioning.

Askren best wins: Douglas Lima, Andrei Koreshkov, Jay Hieron and Lyman Good.

The level of competition is not that different.

Plus, Khabib cuts a ridiculous amount of weight and just bullies guys at LW, while Askren fights guys way bigger than him at WW.

RDA and Tibau might be the two biggest lightweights in UFC history.

Similar styles and similar personalities, but one was embraced by the UFC and one was shunned from it. Why is this the case?
Two pieces of white bread.
One is traditional and the other is "exotic"with that extra something that can appeal to different costumers.
Wich one would you put in your market for sell?

RDA and Tibau might be the two biggest lightweights in UFC history.

Yeah, Pat Healy is pretty big too. But they're about as big as Khabib is. They're all huge LW's right there.

I only see one question being asked... you blind or? Also if u think a major reason isn't the fact he is a big name in Russia and hence the Russian market you're an idiot and not worth my reply.

It clearly says why isn't askren in the UFC.

Very different grappling games. Khabib is a chain wrestler, heavy TDs and constant pressure.

Askren thrives in scrambles and transitional wrestling. His fluidity going from one position to another is ridiculously great.

Not a fan of Ben but he definitely deserves a shot. Khabib i think is on another level with his grappling. Unfortunately until Dana White gets his head out of McGregor's lap we will never know. But I suspect the difference is that Khabib is the best lw on the planet.

One is a pussy, the other one is a bigger pussy

The big difference is fan base...Khabib has a country behind him.

Now that's out of the way, as far as technique goes Khabib has FAR superior ground and pound...and he can do it while maintaining heavy top control. Askren also has good top control but throws far less and his shots look less impactful and much less accurate. I remember him throwing elbows from top and the bottom guy was sweeping his head around like Muhammad Ali cornered by Michael Dokes.

Back