What's Semmy Schilt been up to?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He retired in 2013 due to a heart condition. What's he been doing since?

Also, isn't Struve Dutch? Why doesn't he go to train at Golden Glory and learn from Schilt?

Being tall

He's been doing seminars around the world and teaching people at his gym. He recently appeared on a Dutch youtube show to talk about his K-1 days alongside Ernesto Hoost and Peter Aerts.

Also, Golden Glory doesn't exist anymore.

Where is TJ Grant?

Isn't he also retired from Mike Goldberg comparisons?

Where is TJ Grant?
dirty-coal-miner-wear-hardhat-with-a-hammer-drill-picture-id648576530

Check his instagram. He's training fighters , doing interviews, dodging birds and whatnot.

Prime Semmy would be a top 3 HW in the UFC today and would probably take the strap at some point

Why do you guys care about the most random friggin' irrelevant fighters in the world and this isn't even a Pride forum so who cares

Why do you guys care about the most random friggin' irrelevant fighters in the world and this isn't even a Pride forum so who cares

Schilt is far from irrelevant.

Prime Semmy would be a top 3 HW in the UFC today and would probably take the strap at some point

Naaw...

LankMeister would be terrible at TDD and long limbs are prone to submissions I think.

Not much, just schilting the shit

<{ByeHomer}>

Naaw...

LankMeister would be terrible at TDD and long limbs are prone to submissions I think.
Can't take him down if you can't close the distance. Dude has a comical 88" reach (Jon Jones is 84" for comparison's sake) and he knows how to use it with arguably the best jab in K1/MMA history. He's literally KO'd people with his jab

And if you were able to get him down, he actually has a decent guard. Nothing spectacular but not a fatal flaw either

I think people tend to dismiss him based on his Fedor fight (I've been guilty of this myself) but that's Fedor ffs

To put Semmy's MMA career into perspective: his first UFC fight was in 2001 and since then his only losses have been to the prime versions of Fedor, Nog, Barnett and Kharitonov

Last edited:
Back