What's Semmy Schilt been up to?

Why do you guys care about the most random friggin' irrelevant fighters in the world and this isn't even a Pride forum so who cares
With the exception of like 3 or 4 guys all UFC HWs are random and irrelevant right now

Nowadays he just grazes from the treetops

Naaw...

LankMeister would be terrible at TDD and long limbs are prone to submissions I think.

Lankmeister? LOL. Did you see how thick and all around huge he was in his prime in K-1? The only thing stopping him from dominating the UFC HW division was the 265 weight limit.

Can't take him down if you can't close the distance. Dude has a comical 88" reach (Jon Jones is 84" for comparison's sake) and he knows how to use it with arguably the best jab in K1/MMA history. He's literally KO'd people with his jab

And if you were able to get him down, he actually has a decent guard. Nothing spectacular but not a fatal flaw either

I think people tend to dismiss him based on his Fedor fight (I've been guilty of this myself) but that's Fedor ffs

To put Semmy's MMA career into perspective: his first UFC fight was in 2001 and since then his only losses have been to the prime versions of Fedor, Nog, Barnett and Kharitonov

I’m sorry, but the guy just wasn’t good on the ground. It’s been proven on more than one occasion, which is probably why he went back to kickboxing.

I’m sorry, but the guy just wasn’t good on the ground. It’s been proven on more than one occasion, which is probably why he went back to kickboxing.
It's definitely a weakness (when he was fighting some of the greatest HWs of all-time), but how many UFC HWs today are gonna expose it?

Prime Semmy would be a top 3 HW in the UFC today and would probably take the strap at some point
And here we go with the nonsense talk from the Pride nut huggers.

Can't take him down if you can't close the distance. Dude has a comical 88" reach (Jon Jones is 84" for comparison's sake) and he knows how to use it with arguably the best jab in K1/MMA history. He's literally KO'd people with his jab

And if you were able to get him down, he actually has a decent guard. Nothing spectacular but not a fatal flaw either

I think people tend to dismiss him based on his Fedor fight (I've been guilty of this myself) but that's Fedor ffs

To put Semmy's MMA career into perspective: his first UFC fight was in 2001 and since then his only losses have been to the prime versions of Fedor, Nog, Barnett and Kharitonov

Lankmeister? LOL. Did you see how thick and all around huge he was in his prime in K-1? The only thing stopping him from dominating the UFC HW division was the 265 weight limit.

Who can submit anyone these days @ HW though...

Youse are right. I forgot how beastly he was.

Still doing some acting and training fighters.

Most Americans don't even know Semmy, but he is no doubt the greatest striker to have ever lived, and even if he already did have a great mma career, I believe he could have been the greatest HW ever, if he focused more on it.

And here we go with the nonsense talk from the Pride nut huggers.
Pride had an objectively superior HW division so I’m not sure your crying is grounded in reality, bub

The best kickboxer who ever lived and who proved it in real fighting is what he's up to.

He dominated poor Pete Williams.

Back