Whats one possession you lust for?

You get to pick one thing, any item you want most in the world. You can't sell it. You have to pick it just because you truly want it but its always been out of reach. Don't be lame and pick a 100mil mansion or something, pick an actual "thing"

For me, it would be a formula 1 car. I would drive that thing on a track every week and then park it in my living room when not in use. The ingenuity and functional perfection is just awe inspiring to me as a car guy.

HBU?
A formula 1 is not street legal anywhere in the world, nor is it sensible to operate one. Even on a race track, there is no way you would get the tires and brakes up to operational temps and you would basically be sliding on roller skates with no safety nets to help you.

A LeMans race car however can be used on public roads, and they even have such luxuries like headlights and turn signals. There is a madman in Japan who dailies his 962 (try to find the Top Gear Japan episode from last season where they borrow it for drive through Tokyo streets).

Pretty much all I want in life materialistic wise is a Green Rolex Submariner and a Range Rover sport

I could easily get either right now but it wouldn't be comfortable

I want happiness first

img_3417.jpg

WTF is that monstrosity?

Oh man. I'd like a small house in Northern Italy. It would be set somewhere beautiful close to either mountains or the sea and within driving distance of one of the cultural centres. I'd bring my kids there on holidays and sometimes gather my friends/extended family. Eventually, I could hand it down to my kids so that it could stay within the family. I imagine having my grandkids with me there when I grow older.

I might be able to afford something like that in 20 year's time... just hope I won't be too old to enjoy it.

You're missing the point entirely.

A huge house is a lame answer because who wouldn't want an amazing house. Literally everyone needs a house so everyone is going to be inclined to pick that. It's too easy and uninteresting of an answer.

How many people are going to pick an F1 car? So far just me.

Again, to give yet another example, it's like someone asking you to name a band you really like that no one would guess/isnt very well known, and you pick fucking The Beatles.

Boringggggg

Cant believe how many people aren't understanding why I'm simply asking not to pick stupid obvious answers "OHHHH MY PICK WOULD BE A TRILLION DOLLARS!" no shit

Saying you want an expensive race car is just as bland and as someone saying they want a big house. A boring answer with no thought put into it. Half the answers are cars.

You pointed out a specific car which is a little more interesting but you can do that for a house too. For instance if I had the money I'd buy up this cabin next to a river and the entire property it's on.

e99f0f99-ce37-40f3-9dc4-1fccb37a3aca.jpg

I'd buy the EU bureaucracy and tell them to set about dismantling themselves in the most tedious and drawn-out way possible.
"Grey ladies and gentlemen" I'd say "If there was ever a time to excel at utter pointlessness it is now. Shut this thing down, comma for comma, article for article, godawful paragraph for godawful paragraph".

A formula 1 is not street legal anywhere in the world, nor is it sensible to operate one. Even on a race track, there is no way you would get the tires and brakes up to operational temps and you would basically be sliding on roller skates with no safety nets to help you.

A LeMans race car however can be used on public roads, and they even have such luxuries like headlights and turn signals. There is a madman in Japan who dailies his 962 (try to find the Top Gear Japan episode from last season where they borrow it for drive through Tokyo streets).

Fernando Alonso agrees

Ability to eat as many Papa John's as I want without worrying about my health.

Back