Whats best strategy Miocic should use for the fight with African monster Ngannou?

Anyone who fights Ngannou should be be playing defense for all of round 1 and probably some of round 2.

The guys who lost to Ngannou all got caught in the pocket while exchanging hooks and upper cuts with their hands down. Thats just suicide against Ngannou when its early and hes still fresh.

A smart fighter will test his patience, his wrestling, his endurance and his ability to adjust to the type of fight where it isnt a toe to toe brawl.

If Stipeis smart he will look to keep distance early, use a good jab and right straight and change levels and shoot for the legs to never give Ngannou a chance to plant his feet and throw bombs.

You people are amazing.

F5CFFF35-0A8D-4059-B200-0C1A2ADE3DD0.jpeg

Then
339020E1-2E93-4D76-AF2D-4E348EE9C101.jpeg
Then7D5893DA-34EF-4390-BD57-56744E125D99.jpeg
Now
CF07C805-2143-46F0-9982-55550350AA31.jpeg
Every single time a big black dude with power appears isCEA1A6CD-2E6B-4E7F-B5E8-B0407522ECCB.jpeg

Please never change sherdog

Isn't he from France? Or did I miss something and he moved there?

Anyway, if Stipe uses the strategy of punching him until he knocks him out it would be a good one.

Make him miss. Make him gas. Take him down . Have your way.

Too bad Stipe doesn't have Cain level wrestling, it would have been pretty interesting. He is too undersized and unskilled to get/keep/beat Ngannou on the ground and he is gonna get slept trading with him. Reem almost had Stipe out, Ngannou is gonna murder him.

Hmm......I just wondering how the hell does the majority of the fans underestimate Stipe,

Jabs, high kicks, takedowns, clinch against the cage. Make him work, make it ugly, test his cardio.

At range, I could see Stipe drawing out the left hook/upper cut/shovel punch counter from Ngannou, & countering Ngannou with a 2-3, 1-2, or 3-2 to drop or KO him. Ngannou keeps his hands very low when he is throwing & doesn't bring them back similar to Garbrandt.

But if I'm being honest I don't like this fight for Stipe

Keep him at range with his jab avoid the pocket at all cost. Non-stop clinch work against the cage while fishing for TD's. If Miocic can do this for the first 3 rounds he should be able to open up a bit in the 4th and 5th. Interesting if we get to see Ngannou's cardio in the championship rounds.

Hmm......I just wondering how the hell does the majority of the fans underestimate Stipe,

Stipe is fighting Ngannou, who is 4 years younger, has fast and powerful punches, can do submissions, is stronger than Overeem in the clinch, weighs about 16-20lbs heavier, has 3.5 inches more in reach, 1 inch taller, has never lost by KO...

9gKFat_m.jpg

Spend his training camp here

Mixing it up to keep his opponent guessing and off balance. Avoid over-extension and any position that leaves himself wide open for a power punch. Keep hands up to deflect and block.

Same thing you do against any power puncher with limited technique.

Stipe is fighting Ngannou, who is 4 years younger, has fast and powerful punches, can do submissions, is stronger than Overeem in the clinch, weighs about 16-20lbs heavier, has 3.5 inches more in reach, 1 inch taller, has never lost by KO...

LOL @ "Can do submissions". That's it, Stipe should never wrestle him.

LOL @ "Can do submissions". That's it, Stipe should never wrestle him.

Smart guy, it means Ngannou is well-rounded and is dangerous everywhere, not just in standup striking.

Try to take his back and you'll run the risk of getting submitted.

When was the last time we saw a standing kimura in the HW division?

Kimura.gif

Smart guy, it means Ngannou is well-rounded and is dangerous everywhere, not just in standup striking.

Try to take his back and you'll run the risk of getting submitted.

When was the last time we saw a standing kimura in the HW division?

Kimura.gif

There are levels to this $hit, my friend.

Miocic is not an opponent that will be caught like this. He's not on Hamilton's level.

There are levels to this $hit, my friend.

Miocic is not an opponent that will be caught like this. He's not on Hamilton's level.

Miocic is no doubt on a much higher level than Hamilton. Point being... Ngannou is dangerous in many areas and cannot be underestimated by his opponents.

Miocic is no doubt on a much higher level than Hamilton. Point being... Ngannou is dangerous in many areas and cannot be underestimated by his opponents.

There are no underestimations on this level of fighting, boy.

Back