What would it take for you to rise up against your government in open rebellion?

Like it.

But is our surveillance state not already kinda over the top?

Yes, but it's not apparent in your face quite yet. I'm pretty baked now just thinking about Minority Report, Demolition Man, Terminator, and 1984.

Well I think that even in sobriety someone saying "the colonists were assholes!" still equals "I support the monarchy!"

There were only two sides, after all.
I'm sensing some sarcasm in this post, at the very least I'm hoping I am.

I'm sensing some sarcasm in this post, at the very least I'm hoping I am.

Not really. Basically, it sounds like you're saying, "I'm really glad America is here and I'm no longer under the yoke of England . . . but the colonists were assholes and greedy, so fuck em'!"

I assume you understand the inherent problems here.

Not really. Basically, it sounds like you're saying, "I'm really glad America is here and I'm no longer under the yoke of England . . . but the colonists were assholes and greedy, so fuck em'!"

I assume you understand the inherent problems here.
No, I can be appreciative of the life I have now and yet also be dissatisfied with a good amount of the actions of the colonists.

Does alcohol obliterate any sense of nuance or complexity you have, shadow?

Well I think that even in sobriety someone saying "the colonists were assholes!" still equals "I support the monarchy!"

There were only two sides, after all.

Ha, people say that but one could abstain also

No, I can be appreciative of the life I have now and yet also be dissatisfied with a good amount of the actions of the colonists.

Does alcohol obliterate any sense of nuance or complexity you have, shadow?

Bottom line: If the colonists don't choose to fight then history changes completely.

Is that what you desire?

Ha, people say that but one could abstain also

I guess.

Isn't choosing no side just a cop-out though? What does that even mean? Isn't it just an attempt to try to be okay regardless of who wins?

<VinceShock>
Shadow, put the bottle down and get some sleep, homie.

Bruh, he's the one talking shit and I don't even know who he is!

Apparently he knows enough about me to have an opinion. Do you know what I know about him? Nothing.

He said what he came to say and now all he can do is fade back into irrelevance.

Bruh, he's the one talking shit and I don't even know who he is!

Apparently he knows enough about me to have an opinion. Do you know what I know about him? Nothing.

He said what he came to say and now all he can do is fade back into irrelevance.
You know what I noticed? People that always complain about thread quality never make any threads themselves.

You know what I noticed? People that always complain about thread quality never make any threads themselves.

You want another "XXX the 80s thread"? where XXX = "remember" OR "I love" OR "let's go back to".

Maybe some of us would like to see a variety of ideas on the first page of the Mayberry, rather than the unending ramblings of Shadow turd posting from the basement of his mom's house where half of the posts in the thread are his own.

Just a thought.

Back