What would it take for you to rise up against your government in open rebellion?

Rent has become extortionate and train fares are as well. Yet we do nothing when they keep rising every year. We piss and moan for a day then bend over and take it.

We should rebel over these things but its not in our nature to do it. We just accept everything.

You want another "XXX the 80s thread"? where XXX = "remember" OR "I love" OR "let's go back to".

Maybe some of us would like to see a variety of ideas on the first page of the Mayberry, rather than the unending ramblings of Shadow turd posting from the basement of his mom's house where half of the posts in the thread are his own.

Just a thought.
To be honest, it doesn't bother me in the least, no. Most of his threads have substance and he tends to put a good amount of effort into the OP, unlike 99% of the threads posted here.

Secondly, he does post a lot in his own threads, but this is also dialogue he's sharing with others who posted itt and maybe posed a question themselves. He's just responding to them, which is a nice gesture.

Thirdly, go make some of your own amazing and original threads, seeing as how we need them so bad.

You want another "XXX the 80s thread"? where XXX = "remember" OR "I love" OR "let's go back to".

Maybe some of us would like to see a variety of ideas on the first page of the Mayberry, rather than the unending ramblings of Shadow turd posting from the basement of his mom's house where half of the posts in the thread are his own.

Just a thought.

Just gonna let you know, you sound like one cynical motherfucker.

Like @bandicoot said, you can make threads of your own. If you would like to see "a variety of ideas" then where is your contribution?

I am ready to consider your interesting threads about these ideas, except for that one tiny hang up . . . they don't exist.

Getting a story wrong by trusting a source and outright lying are different things. But this isn't the place to debate that.

If the free press is killed, we've become some shit third world dictatorship and I'll pick up a gun.

The free press is dead. Ask any journalist who has ever received a national security gag order, that says they can't tell anyone they received it.

The free press is dead. Ask any journalist who has ever received a national security gag order, that says they can't tell anyone they received it.
Well then they won't tell me because they can't.
But I'll ask the next journalist I see

Well then they won't tell me because they can't.
But I'll ask the next journalist I see

Some have fought in courts to get permission after the fact, to disclose the gag orders. I will find you the stories if you want, but Google is your friend.

Rent has become extortionate and train fares are as well. Yet we do nothing when they keep rising every year. We piss and moan for a day then bend over and take it.

We should rebel over these things but its not in our nature to do it. We just accept everything.

too-damn-high.jpg

So in practical terms what exactly is "Open Rebellion"? You're gonna get your gun and start shooting cops, or ambush US soldiers on the street? Think about that for a moment.

OP has jumped straight to the extreme, it should be more what would make you go out and break stuff.

The interesting thing about the American Revolution is that it was mostly fought over what colonists believed to be unfair taxes. Who today has the balls to fight over that?
And those taxes were 1/12 the taxes the British were paying.

Just curious.

I guess in countries where you're not allowed to own guns the point is moot because you're fucked.

But in free countries, the question stands: What would it take?

There have been moments here in the US where I'm thinking "Is this not an unforgivable assault upon our rights?" but the average person is too wrapped up in their own shit to pay attention.

Snowden is a prophet.
It would probably take tea being dumped in a harbor. Or an insane tax on stamps or something. Or the government telling us that we can’t make great cinematic films like Jaws anymore.

The American Revolution wasn't fought solely over taxes. It's was a group of Colonies that had no proper representation or say so. They chose not to live as subjects of the British Empire. The taxes just exacerbated the situation.

As to the question at hand. If the government begins to take away vital freedoms. Or if they withhold the final episode of GOT.

Yup, was repeatedly violating and breaking their charters with the colonies.

As someone who has actually written both for newspapers and magazines, I don't really have an issue admitting that the press has a problem today.

I believe strongly in a free press. I do not believe strongly in a biased press.

And I definitely don't believe strongly in a press that outright lies.

Op/Eds don't count as writing for newspapers and magazines.

I dont think this would be possible in america. We just seem to be to divided and a lot of cowards among us

I don't even know who you are, but @FierceRedBelt recently pointed out to me that you've been talking shit.

So what's up? The fuck did I ever do to you?

Why are you putting me on blast like that?

I asked you what your beef with @therealdope was since he's been cool with me. The only time I've seen you guys interact has been in your threads.

The American Revolution wasn't fought solely over taxes. It's was a group of Colonies that had no proper representation or say so. They chose not to live as subjects of the British Empire. The taxes just exacerbated the situation.

As to the question at hand. If the government begins to take away vital freedoms. Or if they withhold the final episode of GOT.

if the govt tried pulling that shit heads would roll

Back