What takes more balls, fighting in mma or military infantry?

That's like saying what takes more balls, getting into a fist fight or joining the military. Hell, even getting into a fist fight is more dangerous and takes more balls than stepping into the octagon. At least there's a ref there to save your life and prevent you from getting raped/robbed after getting KTFO.

Military > street fight > octagon.

are you nuts?

In war....you die and you kill. It's not a sport, there is no ref. Screw it, you are a complete moron.

I'd rather fight Brock than go through fucking boot camp, even.

Only thing scary about MMA is getting CTE years down the road. Will see an uprising of that in the next decade or two. But obviously get shit and dying is way scarier.

Are UFC fighters braver than the soldiers who fight for this country?
soldier-in-battle.jpg

Or

08fdd3a97a2648ae6ac1d26c8df52f98.jpg

Cool pic selection. Two very different things other than both are combat, one being combat the other being sport combat. Its just different. Takes balls to do both and stepping in the cage is probably not even the most daunting part of mma but exposing yourself to the scrutiny of the entire world on such a big platform. Takes serious guts. You dont have that kind of pressure in war although actual combat has its own unique stresses with much more dire consequences. Both warriors with a warrior mindset, just two totally different ways of expressing that mindset. Id wager Robbie Lawlers warrior spirit is stronger than most in the military though. And hed kick all their asses unarmed.

Well it's interesting, I think the military would be hands down the bravest thing you could do if they gave you an option to leave every month and you had to reup your contract and still chose to do so. But the military is built on the backs of kids, which most don't really understand what they are signing up for and are locked in for a longer period of time. And probably rightfully so (from a military needs perspective) as participation would be much lower if that were not the case.

That being said, I still don't see MMA guys as super brave as death is not really a huge reality and long term effects are probably better than football or boxing.
No shit. There's a reason they capped the Vietnam draft age at 27 lol. Kids were dumb enough to do it. Anyone 28/ over would have told them to fuck off. They make easy bodies and good little soldiers.

I mean I'm easily in my physical prime @ 29. I'd be more lethal and combat effective than I would at 18. But I'm also a lot smarter than I used to be. And so they don't want me.

Putting your life in someone's hands that uses you as a pawn to die is way more ballsy.

That's why i never joined. No fucking way would i allow someone to put my life on the line i didn't have any say.

No shit. There's a reason they capped the Vietnam draft age at 27 lol. Kids were dumb enough to do it. Anyone 28/ over would have told them to fuck off. They make easy bodies and good little soldiers.

I mean I'm easily in my physical prime @ 29. I'd be more lethal and combat effective than I would at 18. But I'm also a lot smarter than I used to be. And so they don't want me.

I would rather get shot in the shoulder than have my skull cracked by a flying knee.

Jk...TS didnt think this question through.

Military is where losers go who can't hack real life.

It depends. I've talked to military guys who were stationed somewhere and banged hookers the whole time. And then I've met guys who got their limbs blown off.

Lets see... IED or RNC? Hmm... Probably the one that allows you to keep your legs, a functioning brain or alive... Hopefully you are just high.

Several ex military(or heavily armed police) guys have had success in MMA of course although I would suggest your testing something a little different as well.

MMA doesn't carry the same risk of death but it does put you in a very pressurised situation in the short term going mano a mano with another very highly trained fighter who could KO/sub you at any moment and damage your career. That kind of pressure is probably rather different to ranged combat with backup in a modern military and I could see some people who can deal with one not dealing so well with the other.

Back