What? McGregor's reach is 74 inches (188 cm)?

I doubt his reach is 188cm when he's 174cm tall, both red lines are same length, I even made legs a little shorter than irl probably

b9BKBWC.png
{<huh}

and he's just 5.9'' (1,75 cm), is that even possible? I remember measuring my reach some time ago and it was the same as my height which I read is the most common occurence, dafuq?
On average your wingspan is similar to your height but it's not uncommon to be wider . I am 5'9 1/2 and have just under 73 inch reach

and he's just 5.9'' (1,75 cm), is that even possible? I remember measuring my reach some time ago and it was the same as my height which I read is the most common occurence, dafuq?

GSP is 5'10" with a 76" reach

It's pretty common actually for your reach and height to be disproportionate. Not sure where this became controversial.

KD is like 6'10/6'11 and he has a 7'6 wingspan.

That's insane.

Yeah, this is possible if you have high estrogen levels in your body while growing or your body didnt get enough food to grow other parts of the body as arms always grow first and require less energy

lol Bro science 101 right here

What is more messed up is Marcus Brimage's reach was always listed as 74" as well. (He's only 5'4) last time I checked they changed it though. Idk how fighters reach and height can change, do they just ask the fighters? You'd think it would be easy enought to just measure them.

It's actually 72.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. All promotions had Conor at 5'8 and 72 inches of reach.His height and reach magically grew when he came to the UFC.

ZO80w8t.jpg

image.png

conormax.png

We all know the UFC does this. Conor is 5'8 with a 72 inch reach. He got those UFC stats.

dxcN91I.jpg

For punching they are always better. For wrestling and grappling maybe not. I'm not sure about those
Depends on the range. Shorter arms are better for inside fighting. I used to have to spar with a 5'3" professional fighter and loled on the outside tagging him with straights.

On the inside, it was a different world though. He had greater leverage on his punches there, had faster punches there, and it was 100x easier for him to simply parry my shots and counter with power.

For example, my bigger reach means that I had wider shoulders. That means that, at close range, all his punches started by default already inside my guard. It also means that all my punches by default started outside his guard already blocked. So, he could throw power with abandon while I had to pick my shots. Long arms aren't an advantage everywhere.

Im 5'7 with 73 in reach. Idk. Seems normal to me

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. All promotions had Conor at 5'8 and 72 inches of reach.His height and reach magically grew when he came to the UFC.

ZO80w8t.jpg

image.png

conormax.png
The moment when the UFC first measured McGregor for the Brimage fight is actually on video, and it's obvious that the guy doing the measuring doesn't really give a shit. McGregor even comments to his coach right after that it's really about 74''.

(timestamped)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back