What? McGregor's reach is 74 inches (188 cm)?

they measure wingspan, so it gets thrown off by large hands and broad shoulders. They really should measure armpit to end of fist.

Never believe any lenght measured with imperial system. IMG_1539.JPG

His arms have stretched because he's been carrying the UFC for the last 3 years !

original

Depends on the range. Shorter arms are better for inside fighting. I used to have to spar with a 5'3" professional fighter and loled on the outside tagging him with straights.

On the inside, it was a different world though. He had greater leverage on his punches there, had faster punches there, and it was 100x easier for him to simply parry my shots and counter with power.

For example, my bigger reach means that I had wider shoulders. That means that, at close range, all his punches started by default already inside my guard. It also means that all my punches by default started outside his guard already blocked. So, he could throw power with abandon while I had to pick my shots. Long arms aren't an advantage everywhere.
In terms of power it's always better is what I should've posted your right tho on the inside it's usually better to have less reach

In terms of power it's always better is what I should've posted your right tho on the inside it's usually better to have less reach
Not on inside hooks where your elbow isn't bent at exactly 90 degrees and especially uppercuts. Shorter arms will give you more power on both -- the hooks by allowing your arm to be closer to 90 degrees and the uppercuts by giving more leverage. With shorter arms, both punches get more power by having more room to accelerate the punch in a tight space.

yep he has a reach that is in the upper level of WW fighters in the UFC. (based on data taken by the UFC over a number of years).

Hence why he'd sleep all of them too

Not on inside hooks where your elbow isn't bent at exactly 90 degrees and especially uppercuts. Shorter arms will give you more power on both -- the hooks by allowing your arm to be closer to 90 degrees and the uppercuts by giving more leverage. With shorter arms, both punches get more power by having more room to accelerate the punch in a tight space.
I got long arms and my uppercuts and hooks in a phone booth are some of my hardest punches. I always thought that was from my long arms.

Artem donated part of his arms to Conor to give him more reach.

original

and he's just 5.9'' (1,75 cm), is that even possible? I remember measuring my reach some time ago and it was the same as my height which I read is the most common occurence, dafuq?
GSP 5'10 76 inch reach.
Woodley 5'10 74 inch reach.

Are you purposefully being a fanboy?

Almost all fighters that are successful in Boxing or punching in MMA have longer than average arms.

Back