What is the most RELIABLE make and model of vehicle?

f27b8a3c49df5f9695b7462d01f63e13.jpg

The Al Bundy Dodge (really a Plymouth Duster).

1,000,000 miles.

Almost anything is fairly reliable these days. Most stuff goes 200,000 miles+ without having to do little more than changing the oil. I've maintained a lot of cars over the years and in most cases the ones people consider unreliable were just poorly maintained. Far too often I see people procrastinating on fixing issues that would be considered minor that become major. That said, research whatever potential vehicle you plan to buy rather than lot-shopping and jumping on the first thing that you find visually appealing. Doing that can save you a lot of hassle if the vehicle you're looking at is known to have more problems on average.

I read recently and saw on local news Toyota, Subaru, and others use soy based environmentally friendly wire coating that rats will chew up and mess up your car's ability to work. There's a class action lawsuit.

I'd like to know when they all stopped using such stupid soy plastic. How reliable is your car going to be 25 yrs from now if they're using biodegradable plastic? I saw pics of some plastic part that crumbled apart as if made out of dust barely held together.

any underpowered car will have a reliable drivetrain that lasts hundreds of thousands of miles with minimum maintenance. Reliable= boring.

Gimme dat e60 M5 with the screaming v10 and terrifying upkeep costs.

probably Tacoma. Have a '93 (just called a Truck, prior to tacoma line), and it's still in use. only had to replace the bumper because i hit a dog on the highway. keep on truckin mang

probably Tacoma. Have a '93 (just called a Truck, prior to tacoma line), and it's still in use. only had to replace the bumper because i hit a dog on the highway. keep on truckin mang
did the dog die

did the dog die

Amazingly no. I was doing about 50 and caught the dog almost on the corner of the bumper. And this isn't one of those shitty plastic ones. I stopped the car thinking the dog was dead, but it it laid still for about 2 seconds, and then just got up and started walking along the median

I had a Ford explorer for over ten years. The engine was bulletproof, but everything else was garbage.

They seem to have crappy electronics. The stereo didn't work right, the power windows broke, the heater knob broke, the rear hatch actually fell off, which they had to fix because it was part of a recall, the stupid air bag wire was too short, so it was pretty under stress if you adjusted the steering wheel and eventually broke.

I'll never buy another Ford again, even if the engine is good.

For reliability i like Mazda.

My ex gf had a Mazda protege. She used to commute 2 hours one way to work. And she was a terrible driver. She'd grind the gears, take off in 2nd, and forget to shift even when the engine was screaming at high rpm, simply because she was daydreaming. She put that car through hell for years and it worked perfectly, never had anything to wrong with it.

Ive had my 2009 Honda Civic type r straight from the car dealer to this day and have had 0 issues with it.

I have a 2011 Honda Fit and it's had zero issues. has about 115k miles at this point and I plan on driving it until it falls apart.

Honda, Toyota and acura. American cars are garbage.

There must be a good reason why you see Toyota trucks on the battlefield and not Ford or Dodge.

Back