What is the most RELIABLE make and model of vehicle?

Ford Ranger

I'm a huge fan of the Ranger 3.0 v6, I'm on my third one. My previous 2 have been used on the farm and have been abused heavily but they keep on ticking. Part are plentiful and cheap. Any junk yard is full of them and a lot of the Explorer parts interchange.

Geo Prism (aside from the obvious ones which were stated... actually... new engine, new transmission... nevermind)
I had a Geo Storm and it was one of my favorite cars that I've owned. It was like a Miata. It wasn't fast and cornered fairly well, you felt a lot of road feedback. The best part is it red lined at 9k and got 35mpg.

Nissan Versa. Added over 100k miles on it since I bought it and haven’t had to do anything other than routine oil changes and tires.

Agree with Honda and Toyota.

However Kia and Hyundai have really reinvested in their engineering and anything 2012 and newer is pretty legit.

Not sure the Camry is big enough or has enough features for my taste.

Are the Avalons as reliable? I've never known anyone who had one.

I'm on my second BMW 3 series.

I sold my last one ('03) with 167K miles on it.

Other than tires, break pads, and the usual wear and tear, I had no issues with it.

I remember when I drove it to the dealership the day I sold it, and thinking how tight the steering still was, and how it hugged the curves.

Damn, I miss that car.

<2>

probably Tacoma. Have a '93 (just called a Truck, prior to tacoma line), and it's still in use. only had to replace the bumper because i hit a dog on the highway. keep on truckin mang
I’ve been thinking about picking one up. My fiancée and I are having a little one due in July and need more space (driving a 2015 Scion Tc at the moment). Been reading good things about it except for the mpg everything else seems great. My other choice is an SUV but there’s so many I don’t know where to begin.

I’ve been thinking about picking one up. My fiancée and I are having a little one due in July and need more space (driving a 2015 Scion Tc at the moment). Been reading good things about it except for the mpg everything else seems great. My other choice is an SUV but there’s so many I don’t know where to begin.

Looking into replacing mine with a newer truck (mainly a daily driver that can hold 2 car seats). The problem with Tacoma's (here and probably in general) is that they hold their value too well if you're looking for a used one. I'm not a big car/truck guy, but I recall reading that a Tundra followed by a Titan offer the largest area in their crew cabs. Tundras run about the same price used, if not cheaper, and you can get the Nissan on the cheap. If you're taller than a manlet, Tacoma's may be uncomfortable even in the double cab once your little one is front facing and kicking the shit outta your seat.

TOyota corolla
I read last night, in addition to rats eating the soy based plastic wiring coating and severing wires and fuel lines, rats get into the cabin via the air intakes that don't have metal mesh covering them. What in the fuck is going on???

Question:

How does one go about installing metal mesh to prevent rats from getting into the cabin via air intake vent? Glue? Weld?

An old buddy of mine bought a chevy cavalier for like $1500 years ago, drove it till it had 500, 000 km on it, sold it to another dude for $500, that guy kept driving it for at least two years after.

Piece of shit car that just wouldn't die.

Mazda 6.

Same platform as the Honda Accord minus the price point.

wholemurphy-wholereport-whole-team-mule.jpg
What's the fuel economy on that?

any underpowered car will have a reliable drivetrain that lasts hundreds of thousands of miles with minimum maintenance. Reliable= boring.

Gimme dat e60 M5 with the screaming v10 and terrifying upkeep costs.
<{jackyeah}>

I had a manual kia spectra sedan for one of my first cars. I beat the piss out of that thing, dropping the clutch and redlining it all the time. Dont think a single thing ever broke on it for 3 years+100k miles

sometimes I miss it but its a pretty poverty car

I had a K car. It had a motor, and a place to sit. Twas no fancy car, but nothing ever went wrong with it. Ever.

Now for a different experience. I had a Dodge Ram. I ran the fuck out of that thing. I had it pull trees out of the ground and run through 6 foot snowbanks, carry insane loads.... and it did anything I needed it to. I think I might have been a little bit in love with that truck to be honest. As for problems. 90% I could do pretty easy. The other 10% went to the garage but it was never over $400.

I've got 240,000+ on my tacoma, cheapest model. I've had to replace the radiator and the fuel pump and that's pretty much it.

Back