What is the most RELIABLE make and model of vehicle?

I stick with toyotas. My corolla and rav4 haven't had a single issue in years. My old toyotas were just as reliable. Nothing mind-blowing about them besides that, which is all that matters to me.

you mean the car marketed as something anyone can work on?
Working as in doing an upgrade here and there? Ive know a couple that haven't had a major issue with those old bettles in years

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAbxAAAAJDQxYWEzNDIxLTMzOTYtNDE0NS1hODMyLTdlYmYzYjljYjlmNQ.jpg

I had a Ford explorer for over ten years. The engine was bulletproof, but everything else was garbage.

They seem to have crappy electronics. The stereo didn't work right, the power windows broke, the heater knob broke, the rear hatch actually fell off, which they had to fix because it was part of a recall, the stupid air bag wire was too short, so it was pretty under stress if you adjusted the steering wheel and eventually broke.

I'll never buy another Ford again, even if the engine is good.

For reliability i like Mazda.

My ex gf had a Mazda protege. She used to commute 2 hours one way to work. And she was a terrible driver. She'd grind the gears, take off in 2nd, and forget to shift even when the engine was screaming at high rpm, simply because she was daydreaming. She put that car through hell for years and it worked perfectly, never had anything to wrong with it.
Ford actually had a partnership with Mazda up until fairly recently. The Ranger is basically the same truck as the B series Mazda trucks. Mazda also made the Navajo which was basically a Ford Explorer, but obviously it never took off like the Ford did.

I had a VW Jetta and it was the biggest piece of junk I've ever had. It would always break down, the doors would lock and unlock by themselves, the windows would stop working, etc, etc... The worst was when my accelerator got stuck on the freeway. Yeah... thought I was going to die for a second before I remembered to put it in neutral after a minute. I'll never ever buy another VW again.

The reason we went with golf instead of jetta was because my specific golf model was made in Germany while jetta was made in Mexico.

Probably the Toyota Camry. I had an 88 Camry back in the day with like over 200,000 Miles on it. I got into 3 minor accidents with it and it barely took any damage.

Probably the Toyota Camry. I had an 88 Camry back in the day with like over 200,000 Miles on it. I got into 3 minor accidents with it and it barely took any damage.
The past few models were fugly though. Also, I thought I saw the Corolla is now a tiny bit longer than the several years old Camry. Hard to believe.

Toyota Corolla
Honda Accord / Civic
Lexus models are very good

The reason we went with golf instead of jetta was because my specific golf model was made in Germany while jetta was made in Mexico.
The north American Jetta and Passat are terrible because they are completely different cars from the European ones, down to the chassis. They were built to the cheapest price point possible, hence they feel cheaper than a comparable Honda or Hyundai. The Euro Jettas are based on the Golf chassis and are similarly high quality.

VW moved north American golf production to Mexico for the 7th gen but made it identical to the German one. It now has higher reliability than the previous German mk6.

Pre 2001 Jeep Cherokee. 4 inline 6 engine can run forever.

Why are you asking for subjective opinions about vehicle reliability on a karate forum when there is verifiable objective data that you can easily access online?

With that said, toyota and Honda dominate for reliability. Subaru consistently does well also.

Idk who these people are saying german brands are reliable. Audi, BMW and Mercedes never made any of the "most-reliable-brands" lists until just recently and volkswagons are notorious for electrical problems.
This right here...

I have a 2000 Ford focus that still runs like a champ with 164,000 miles on it. I bought it in 06, sold it to my brother in 2011, bought another car, new car ended up being a lemon, bought the Focus back and still runs great. Aside from routine wear and tear maintenance(thermostat,starter,brakes,fluid/bulb changes,bearings) I've never had a problem with it.

The toyota pick up truck, that is the one where they mount machine guns in the retarded lands of the middle east, if the Toyotas can handle combat and the shit infested desert, its gonna workout for your forever out here

I bought an Accord new in April 2014, now have 80k km on it. Not one single problem yet.

Toyota Land Cruiser

Toyota is great overall, but the land cruiser stands out because it's entirely made in japan.

What, in your own experience and opinion, is the most RELIABLE brand and model of car/truck?

honda crv

this really isnt an opinion. it wins data driven award by consumer reports like, every year.

the downside of a crv is....its a crv.

Back