What is the greatest sport?

What is the greatest sport?

• Total voters
MMA
Football (Soccer)
Rugby

it's ice hockey here and we have a pretty good team, this is hockey:

image.jpg

They should use longer sticks. Longer sticks make the sport better because players have option to stay more upright, and still can go low. They can now see the field better, and actually be able to control ball for longer. Having to stay low all the time while controlling ball is limited to how long you can bend over. Most people cannot do that for long.

In soccer, you can deke, juke, dangle, and cross people over with your feet

They should use longer sticks. Longer sticks make the sport better because players have option to stay more upright, and still can go low. They can now see the field better, and actually be able to control ball for longer. Having to stay low all the time while controlling ball is limited to how long you can bend over. Most people cannot do that for long.

I don't particularly like hockey but I guess there is a reason for it.

There is a Gaelic sport called shinty (related to hurling) which might interest you:

Nowadays it is only played by a tiny amount of people in the highlands of Scotland, but it has a long history and used to be very popular.

I don't particularly like hockey but I guess there is a reason for it.

There is a Gaelic sport called shinty (related to hurling) which might interest you:

Nowadays it is only played by a tiny amount of people in the highlands of Scotland, but it has a long history and used to be very popular.

I see where golf comes from now. Basketball has a side game called horse. Golf must be the equivalent for the variations of that game you posted. Golf does come from the same region.

I see where golf comes from now. Basketball has a side game called horse. Golf must be the equivalent for the variations of that game you posted. Golf does come from the same region.
Not sure but could be true. In hurling there is a poc fada (long puck):

I could believe that golf developed from something similar.

Ice hockey developed from Irish and Scottish immigrants bringing hurling/shinty across to Canada actually (hence poc becomes puck, and shinny is term which obviously comes from shinty).

Not sure but could be true. In hurling there is a poc fada (long puck):

I could believe that golf developed from something similar.

Ice hockey developed from Irish and Scottish immigrants bringing hurling/shinty across to Canada actually (hence poc becomes puck, and shinny is term which obviously comes from shinty).

I thought Ice Hockey just a small version of Bandy

I thought Ice Hockey just a small version of Bandy

Nope, though of course they are all related as stick and ball sports. Same as hockey/field hockey. Playing those sports on ice in winter was not uncommon I'm sure. There was an 18th/19th century welsh sport called Bando for instance which was some sort of stick sport, though its now mostly forgotten. Bandy was a big influence too I am sure, along with hurling:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back