What is the greatest sport?

What is the greatest sport?

• Total voters
Never got this tbh, sometimes a draw is the fair result. It's a long ass season, the best teams wins in the end...winning the premier league is the ultimate test in that sense. If it's a cup/knockout competition then there is always a winner.

And as I have said I do prefer other sports to soccer even thought I do like it a lot too.
if i pay to go to a game i think its fair to see that game won. years ago i lived in houston and i remember their mls team having more than half their games end in ties. that is garbage. that means they are not even trying to win

if i pay to go to a game i think its fair to see that game won. years ago i lived in houston and i remember their mls team having more than half their games end in ties. that is garbage. that means they are not even trying to win

If I pay to see my team I'd rather see them scrape a well earned draw and some valuable points for the league table, rather than lose to some bullshit in extra time. If it's a cup competition, fair enough.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised soccer leading at this point.

Imagine if NFL, CFL, Rugby become 1 sport then we could eventually be bigger then Poofball

Imagine if NFL, CFL, Rugby become 1 sport then we could eventually be bigger then Poofball

But why would this happen? Rugby guys don't want the sport to be like gridiron, and gridiron fans are happy with their sport. Plus...soccer is a good sport in it's own way.

Its just called hoceky. Only non hockey dudes call it ice hockey.

it's ice hockey here and we have a pretty good team, this is hockey:

image.jpg

"The Creator's Game" is not an option....
<DisgustingHHH>

the fuck is the creators game

Fastest growing game in the world right now. Not a huge spectator sport but it's fucking awesome to play. Met some players from Ireland this summer btw

cropped-The-Creators-Game-4.png

Fastest growing game in the world right now. Met some players from Ireland this summer btw

cropped-The-Creators-Game-4.png

ah lacrosse, it seems kind of cool...lil bit like hurling, but obviously I'd prefer hurling. Do many native americans still play? Seems like in movies and stuff it's a preppy college sport?

ah lacrosse, it seems kind of cool...lil bit like hurling, but obviously I'd prefer hurling. Do many native americans still play? Seems like in movies and stuff it's a preppy college sport?

Yes, the Native Americans still play. There is a world championship every 4 years and 46 nations participated in the last one. Even though the US and Canada have teams, the Iroquois Nation has their own team. They have some of the best players in the world.

Check this out, it's pretty short: http://iroquoisnationals.org/the-iroquois/the-story-of-lacrosse/

Our grandfathers tell us that when lacrosse originated it was played for healing and the enjoyment of our creator. Regardless of how unworthy you may feel an individual is, that person may have the qualities that could be a great help to you some day.

Before each game, players are reminded of the reason for their participation. Lacrosse is played for the enjoyment of OUR CREATOR. Lacrosse should not be played for money, fame, or personal gain; you should be humble and of a good mind when you take your lacrosse stick in hand.

Yes, the Native Americans still play. There is a world championship every 4 years and 46 nations participated in the last one. Even though the US and Canada have teams, the Iroquois Nation has their own team. They have some of the best players in the world.

Check this out, it's pretty short: http://iroquoisnationals.org/the-iroquois/the-story-of-lacrosse/

Our grandfathers tell us that when lacrosse originated it was played for healing and the enjoyment of our creator. Regardless of how unworthy you may feel an individual is, that person may have the qualities that could be a great help to you some day.

Before each game, players are reminded of the reason for their participation. Lacrosse is played for the enjoyment of OUR CREATOR. Lacrosse should not be played for money, fame, or personal gain; you should be humble and of a good mind when you take your lacrosse stick in hand.

Very cool, I like how it is steeped in mythology.

Similar to hurling in that sense:

8f5d83da8386bec44e8ce7ae635d90a9.jpg

^^^^

That's Cú Chulainn (Cullan's hound), originally called Setanta he took that name because as a young man he killed a fierce guard dog with a hurley (hurling stick) and sliotar (ball), he then took over the position as Cullen's guard in place of the dog. He's the hero of the Iron age story Táin Bó Cúailnge (the cattle raid of cooley) and was credited as being an incredible hurler.

Check this out if you are curious - http://irisharchaeology.ie/2011/09/hurling-its-ancient-history/

Very cool, I like how it is steeped in mythology.

Similar to hurling in that sense:

8f5d83da8386bec44e8ce7ae635d90a9.jpg

^^^^

That's Cú Chulainn (Cullan's hound), originally called Setanta he took that name because as a young man he killed a fierce guard dog with a hurley (hurling stick) and sliotar (ball), he then took over the position as Cullen's guard in place of the dog. He's the hero of the Iron age story Táin Bó Cúailnge (the cattle raid of cooley) and was credited as being an incredible hurler.

Check this out if you are curious - http://irisharchaeology.ie/2011/09/hurling-its-ancient-history/

Wow, that's cool. I had no idea. Thanks for sharing

Wow, that's cool. I had no idea. Thanks for sharing

My pleasure, thanks for the lacrosse info. This is cool -

lacrosse should definitely ditch the pads and it'd look a lot cooler imo, lol

Definitely some similarities between the two, presumably both were developed as sports designed to mimic war in their respective ancient cultures

Back