What is our military like compared the China and Russia?

If they thought they could beat the us they would try

Please do! Mossad seems to love kidnapping and assassinating people for sure.
The Israelis are super fucking aggressive. They are probably the second most aggressive intelligence community in the world, behind the French. French spies seem to believe that all information belongs to France, and therefore, they will do whatever they can to attain it. They also have the law on their side in regards to information inside the borders, including digital information. Don't EVER bring a computer with proprietary information to France. If you do, expect it to be examined and copied for their use later, as they see fit. The Israelis kind of operate like their backs are against the wall all the time, even when they're not. It's kind of like a country full of people with "little man syndrome" a la Conor McGregor. They talk a big game, get into fights all the time, and then act like it's everyone else's fault. So stuff like turning a slick little Stuxnet virus into a self-propagating worm that infects computers all over the world is kind of par for the course for them. At the same time, yeah, shooting people and kidnapping others is business as usual. The Israelis need to be kept on a short leash for sure. The English seem like classic spies, using the art of subtlety. I haven't worked with them in the field, but everything that I've heard second and third hand seems to suggest that they've got a very elegant system. They collect well, operate clandestinely, and let the ops be taken care of by professionals. In the US, we've let our shit get away from us. Everyone wants to be able to show their value, so CIA is very protective, which is a major complaint of mine. I can't say much, but I'm wholly unimpressed with all the drone warfare. You're an intelligence agency, so stop bragging about how many people you've killed. Let the military guys do the killing while you collect the intel. That's the division of labor.

The Russians love propaganda, as everyone basically knows now. They like to influence elections, violently crush their enemies (look at what they did to Estonia), and do anything they can short of getting hit back. The Chinese like to rip off everyone's R&D, using their military (particularly their cyber espionage forces) to actually make money. It's ridiculous. The Chinese are a bunch of backhanded motherfuckers. f course, they are building islands in the South China Sea to expand their territory, buying up property all over the world, buying US debt and currency to stabilize their own economy, and trading development for oil and mining contracts all over the Middle East and Africa. The Chinese are quietly becoming the imperialists that American conspiracy theorists claim that we were, and by the time they're done, they won't need to fire a shot to take over the world. It's ridiculous.

No-one is going to fuck with a country that has Tim Kennedy, Hulk Hogan, and Rocky Balboa on their team.

I can appreciate the technology that trickles down from military development to the public sector and I can appreciate the private jobs the military creates as well. It's good when we sell arms to get some ROI on those investments.

That said, we could cut 25 percent and still have a dominant military and in turn reinvest some of that spending on infrastructure and in poor neighborhoods.... all while not having to raise taxes.

I can appreciate the technology that trickles down from military development to the public sector and I can appreciate the private jobs the military creates as well. It's good when we sell arms to get some ROI on those investments.

That said, we could cut 25 percent and still have a dominant military and in turn reinvest some of that spending on infrastructure and in poor neighborhoods.... all while not having to raise taxes.
Shit, if we did it right, we could chop a solid 15% of the budget to just cut the fucking waste. My buddy works up at the Pentagon. The General he works for spent over $400K on a piece of wall art inside the Pentagon. You know who sees it? Only the people who walk down that little hallway inside that labyrinth of a building. For meetings, officers print hundreds of pieces of paper that get marked up by red pens. The amount of paper we go through is insane. As an anecdote, in order to take leave for a week-long vacation inside the US, I had to put together a packet that amounted to almost 30 pieces of paper. I had my leave request, documents to show my leave balances, risk assessments, had to show proof of my airline tickets, had to put together information on the addresses I'd be with phone numbers, a map of my driving route to the airport (meant for people who were driving to go on leave, but had to do it anyways because one-size-fits-all), and I had to do a 15-minute online training about risks of driving long periods of time (again, meant for people driving 8 hours to get somewhere), so of course, I had to print off my results and certificate of completion. 30 pieces of paper to take 5 days off work, and it was all so that someone could say that their ass was covered in case something happened to me. If we got rid of just those things, I wonder how many millions we would save in just office supplies and less bullshit? If we targeted all that stuff right up front, I bet that we could reduce our budget by loads and loads without impacting operational readiness at all.

Not for nothing, but I want every executive agency to do the same thing. Let's eliminate the discretionary spending on what amounts to decorations and on office supplies.

Americans horribly overrate their county even after their performances in actual combat are nothing to brag about.

Take on the world? Come on, do you actually believe that? You struggled in Vietnam, you struggled in Irag and you got lucky in WW2 that you were on the other side of the world.

And I respect and admit USA is the most powerful country on earth and they have stepped into every conflict and shown bravery but it's the non military Americans shit talk like the little brother who never fights and you make your serviceman look bad.

Ask veterans what Vietnam was like, what Japan was like, what Irag was like and I promise not one of them will say they were easy and could be walked over.

Look at what happened in Somalia against 'skinnies' never underestimate your opponent and never over estimate yourself.

To the guy above me aswell I don't think anyone is praying to be on your good side lol NK have been calling you out and threatening you for a while now and nothing has happened. Real war is an ABSOLUTE last and dreaded outcome ask any military man.
Lol you clown, we never fought on the ground in Japan.

I keep thinking whoever develops an effective EMP weapon wins the war, is this rubbish?

The problem is that it is a very inefficient backdoor way of state support for the high tech industry as opposed to a coherent long term industrial policy. The amount of waste is just staggering when its compared with the relatively minute amount of fraud/waste from social programs like say welfare or food stamps.

'murca's defense spending makes Russia and China sound poor. If you combined Russia and China's defense budgets, the US still spends more than double that

This. Yes, we have all the latest tech. We build all the latest tech. They try to steal it.

The problem is that it is a very inefficient backdoor way of state support for the high tech industry as opposed to a coherent long term industrial policy. The amount of waste is just staggering when its compared with the relatively minute amount of fraud/waste from social programs like say welfare or food stamps.

The nai. The head. You. You hit it.

Back