What is causing Pettis's downfall?

He is, and always has been, a frontrunner fighter.

Family life seems to have an effect as well.

He's not adapting. He's trying to win without changing his approach by any means.

Wonder what sort of excuses you'll make if Conor fails a drug test. Like, how far are you willing to deceive yourself?

Pettis got walloped by dos Anjos well before USADA was in the picture.

I don't know but it made Weidman shrink too...

RDA messed his right eye up with one of the first punches he landed. He couldn't see out of it and folded under the constant pressure. The Alvarez fight was very close and many thought Pettis deserved the nod. Barboza simply lit him up, especially with the leg kicks. Now, in this fight, Pettis broke his hand early in the first round. There have been unfortunate circumstances in Pettis's career as of late. However, I do believe a lot has to do with him falling into the mental pitfall of believing his hype and not being focused and hungry enough. The move to featherweight proved to be an error. Yet he was always a smaller than average lightweight. I don't have the answers as to exactly what Showtime needs to do to course correct his career but I do hope he can figure it out. He has proven to be a an exciting fighter with highly developed skills but everyone has weaknesses that opponents can capitalize on. Max looked great and was the better fighter tonight. First finish of Pettis' career, that's a feather in Max's cap but also speaks volumes to the resume of Showtime.

The blueprint has been there since guida..keep close, make it ugly, box and wrestle.

His boxing is absolute crap. His fight iq is questionable and he really only has good body and head kicks. If you can shut down that aspect, u have a great chance.

I blame his coaching. Rufus is a meh coach and not good with his post round advice. He's done nothing to address the weaknesses in pettis' game nor a proper gameplan. All I see is pettis wing kicks early and hope for the best.

It's tough for him because he should have just took some easy touches at 155 after rda. Instead he fought guys who understand how to beat him and has looked lost at times.

He needs to change camps and focus his boxing and wrestling. Take some easier fights on some undercards and get back some confidence. That could set up a fight with rda down the line perhaps or even Eddie, guys who have wins over him but look vulnerable now.

CM Punk came to his gym and fucked everything up.

the weight of his ego.

Somalis.

12300228_G.jpg

Wonder what sort of excuses you'll make if Conor fails a drug test. Like, how far are you willing to deceive yourself?

Pettis got walloped by dos Anjos well before USADA was in the picture.
If he fails, as I told you months ago, I'll be the first to make a thread about it.

USADA Blessed Hendricks and Pettis.

He just faced beasts back to back, he isn't too old he's 29

I look forward to his return, hopefully he gets Michael Johnson

Did anyone get a look at that chick sitting next to his brother? I've been wondering what's wrong with Pettis ever since his loss to RDA and I think it might have something to do with her.

Back