What is causing Pettis's downfall?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Seriously?

What happen to the fire this man had? In his recent fights he's looking more like a shell of his former self. I'm a fan and i like Max too but fuck man this is depressing. Is it his camp? Body wearing down or what?

Seriously?

What happen to the fire this man had? In his recent fights he's looking more like a shell of his former self. I'm a fan and i like Max too but fuck man this is depressing. Is it his camp? Body wearing down or what?
Honestly?his boxing.its terrible

He's not even that old really but there was a time when he looked untouchable.

He was really fucking good when he won the belt. Unfortunately for him LW/FW are just absolutely stacked divisions. The blueprint on how to beat him was laid out by Clay Guida, hammered home by RDA and he was pretty much chased out of the division at that point. Even worse is he got soundly outstruck by Barboza and now Max (Although he broke his hand R1), so even his strongest point just doesn't cut it anymore at the absolute highest level.. He has to make some changes for sure.

Last edited:
Seriously?

I think its money. He didn't have money before then all of a sudden he's rich and that kills ambition.

He rarely would get hit but now everybody is touching him up. It sucks to see

His kicks were effective against slow fighters, but his boxing has always been atrocious and slow.

At this point I guess you have to say he was just always overrated. Had a couple of very favorable stylistic match ups that made him look better than he really was.

He's a counter fighter with bad feet in divisions where pressure, volume, and foot work is key

Seriously?

has no hands and his kicks aren't effective anymore

Cumulative effect of having his hair cut and eyebrows trimmed four times a week.

That shit takes more of a toll on the body than you realize.

Back