What happened to Petrosyan...?

For me personally, it's completely irrelevant anyway. Just look at these guys' fight records. They have accomplished so much that criticising them for taking easier fights later in their careers is just absurd to me. On top of that, fighting is a pretty dangerous profession, so if they want to make money with less chance of getting injured, good on them. Especially if, like the cases that have been mentioned, they have accomplished so much in the past.
'Later in his career'...?
What I find disappointing is that he is only 30 iirc. He's in his fighting prime and he's already declining in skill and hinting at retirement....

'Later in his career'...?
What I find disappointing is that he is only 30 iirc. He's in his fighting prime and he's already declining in skill and hinting at retirement....

32 this year....

Look at the old guard at 70kg, all either retired or started fighting easier schedules at early 30's. Masato, Buakaw, Souwer. Most of the journeymen from that era are retired as well. I think people grossly underestimate the amount of abuse people take in Kickboxing.

"My fight with ristie wasn't the american dream i thought it was,but just another burden,I was there (not to fight) but to prove myself I deserve it."

(after his loss to ristie) "something changed on a personal level,I realized I was completely empty,that the stress of staying on top for so many years was a burden i could no longer sustain.Every match became a war i had to win. So i took a year off to rest and recover from (his hand surgery and back surgery). Now i'm on top form again but fighting I realized it's very difficult for me despite being fun."

"At this point i have nothing more to prove.If i'm given a shot at a (one fight) title that's fine but I will not risk other injuries."
The translation is not very accurate, he says that "after a year off he's never been so motivated."
Basically now he is having fun again, before the year off he was drained from the stress and the expectations of being a dominant champion.

Look at the old guard at 70kg, all either retired or started fighting easier schedules at early 30's. Masato, Buakaw, Souwer. Most of the journeymen from that era are retired as well. I think people grossly underestimate the amount of abuse people take in Kickboxing.
He started at that level a bit later than those guys though

The translation is not very accurate, he says that "after a year off he's never been so motivated."
Basically now he is having fun again, before the year off he was drained from the stress and the expectations of being a dominant champion.

i worded it just fine grazie.
"so i took a sabbatic year,recovered from an injury (2 surgeries) and now i'm more motivated than ever but conscious of the fact that every match although a joy (now) is extremely difficult for me"

of course he's motivated and top form compared to pre-surgery but won't blatantly say "for z-list fighters" in an interview.

and his management will say things like "petro has run out of competition" or "he won against the best russian fighter pashporin" but we all know it's code for "petro will stay safe in bellator and won't fight for kunlun"; "he won an irrelevant title fight vs some kid in russia" , "he dominated a z-list romanian guy" and "can't possibly do another tournament because he spends more time with his doctors than training because the smallest fracture or tear will cost him his remaining short career"

btw it seems like he won't return to glory. his manager and glory matchmaker were in talks time ago but petro will prob keep fighting only in bellator.
another couple of fights before fall and then maybe another title shot.

so according to petro's manager giorgio can win yod and co. but there is no promotion who can pay enough....mmm sure.

these are the same ppl who accused other fighters to dodge fights when they wouldn't accept their financial terms....how things and point of views change in just a couple of years...

btw it seems like he won't return to glory. his manager and glory matchmaker were in talks time ago but petro will prob keep fighting only in bellator.
another couple of fights before fall and then maybe another title shot.
Unless Bellator start signing some better fighters its safe to say Petro will be fighting mismatches for the rest of his career.

Who is co?

&co as in yod and all the rest of top fighters.
his management doesn't even have to say anything at this point as everybody understands but..nope...they have to brag!
pretty sure gallo was trolling the manager and it worked.

Is Petrosyan even signed with Bellator or is he signed with Oktagon which co-promotes with them?

so according to petro's manager giorgio can win yod and co. but there is no promotion who can pay enough....mmm sure.

these are the same ppl who accused other fighters to dodge fights when they wouldn't accept their financial terms....how things and point of views change in just a couple of years...

"No promotion who can pay enough" and yet he chooses to fight for Bellator instead of Glory. I really don't see Bellator KB paying him more than Glory.

The issue is more him not wanting to fight top competition anymore in order not to further damage his legacy and risk more injuries.

He got broken mentally and physically after that KO loss.

"No promotion who can pay enough" and yet he chooses to fight for Bellator instead of Glory. I really don't see Bellator KB paying him more than Glory.

The issue is more him not wanting to fight top competition anymore in order not to further damage his legacy and risk more injuries.

there is a pretty good business built around him in italy so maybe it's an ok compromise.
ristie was just the final straw,he started to have these problems before.

anyway kunlun ppl said it pretty clearly it's his manager who doesn't want him to fight there (unlike rvr who is blocked by glory).
so as said before his ppl should just stfu and respect him and spare fans this bs.

He's not signed with Bellator, he's with Oktagon that co-promotes with Bellator, so I'd imagine he gets a solid chunk.

Back