What happened to Petrosyan...? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by RichardN7, Apr 12, 2017.

1. JayMuaythai Purple Belt

JayMuaythai
    No we're just here comparing the opponents Yod and Petro have faced in recent years because as usual as soon as I criticize Petro you bring up Yod. This thread is not even about Yod. Its about Petro and I was replying to someone before you tried to create this pointless debate.

2. oyvindt Green Belt

oyvindt
    the whole point of this thread was a simple question about petrosyan;
    injuries,stress and no more fucks to give is the answer.
    do you have another reason to add?

3. JayMuaythai Purple Belt

JayMuaythai
    Fear

oyvindt likes this.
  4. oyvindt Green Belt

oyvindt
    good!
    you see...one word is enough sometimes

JayMuaythai likes this.
  5. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    I'm calling bullshit. Fear of what?

6. GloryOfIran Blue Belt

GloryOfIran
    If Petri actually said he is done with the pressure of being on top then you can't compare him to maybe a ther acting like a king.

7. JayMuaythai Purple Belt

JayMuaythai
    Fear of adding another L to his record. Fear of being a big fish in a big sea. Fear of being knocked out again. Fear of an injury. Fear of getting schooled. Fear of no longer being called the best ever if he gets beaten by Superbon or Sittichai decisively. Many reasons.

8. jtwarwagon4life Blue Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    Just like every good thai who fights international.

kwankaodaddy and Snubnoze707 like this.
  9. tru3f4n Brown Belt

tru3f4n
    He wants easy fights it has been this way for years he had a good run in Max but since then meh.

10. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    Or maybe you could just take him at his word that he doesn't care to have this perception of an unbeatable enigma. If anything the Ristie fight alleviated him of that and now he can fight as he pleases, but I'm interested as to what exactly this big sea is that you speak of? Litterally the only two guys that could beat him are the two you mentioned, and that's not even a lock. Nobody has ever schooled Petrosyan.

I always get a kick out of people claiming professional fighters are scared. Yod must have been terrified for years as he took on Bangla Stadium washouts in Thai Fight if that's the case, and yes bringing up Yod is absolutely relative.

11. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    Thanks to the specialized lab work and darker complexion advantages...

12. jtwarwagon4life Blue Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    Must be why Umeno is such a good nonthai. Tanning game on point. Whitey never stood a chance.

[​IMG]

Mafanofe, AndyTran, anorak and 2 others like this.
  13. Hagelslag2 Brown Belt

Hagelslag2
    Cool story, bro, but none of that really applies to what I wrote. Petrosyan has accomplished everything there is to accomplish in kickboxing right now. I don't give a shit if he goes and fights any top fighter ever again and, given his injury history, I don't fault him for taking easier fights and making money. Hell, the only time I'd criticise a fighter for not fighting the best is if they or someone else claim they are the best without ever facing top fighters. That is clearly not the case with Petrosyan. Whether he's still in his prime is completely irrelevant.

14. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    Not really sure if Petrosyan is less passed prime than Saenchai and Mayweather.

Last time Petrosyan fought top competition was 2013, for Saenchai 2014 and for Mayweather 2015.

Sure he would beat most guys in 70 kg now but i don't think he is in shape to fight top guys regularly and win consistently like he used to.

oyvindt and Hagelslag2 like this.
  15. Hagelslag2 Brown Belt

Hagelslag2
    For me personally, it's completely irrelevant anyway. Just look at these guys' fight records. They have accomplished so much that criticising them for taking easier fights later in their careers is just absurd to me. On top of that, fighting is a pretty dangerous profession, so if they want to make money with less chance of getting injured, good on them. Especially if, like the cases that have been mentioned, they have accomplished so much in the past.

16. oyvindt Green Belt

oyvindt
    fear of getting bored and grow a pizza belly

17. oyvindt Green Belt

oyvindt
    "My fight with ristie wasn't the american dream i thought it was,but just another burden,I was there (not to fight) but to prove myself I deserve it."

(after his loss to ristie) "something changed on a personal level,I realized I was completely empty,that the stress of staying on top for so many years was a burden i could no longer sustain.Every match became a war i had to win. So i took a year off to rest and recover from (his hand surgery and back surgery). Now i'm on top form again but fighting I realized it's very difficult for me despite being fun."
    [​IMG]

"At this point i have nothing more to prove.If i'm given a shot at a (one fight) title that's fine but I will not risk other injuries."

Mafanofe, AndyTran, Bubblun and 4 others like this.
  18. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    Yeah i agree.

19. oyvindt Green Belt

oyvindt
    not to mention that they are paid way more now than 10 years ago for their name recognition,and promotions need them more than they need to fight.
    i mean fairtex themselves used buakaw as a promotional tool for their first event in china,and now the MAS promotion where again buakaw will prob make more money watching yod fighting than yod himself.
    is it fair?yes because yod benefits too.
    just like petro is still good business for the italian kb market...which is not in good waters.

Hagelslag2 likes this.
  20. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    Smh, Yodsanklai has only had one fight so far since his injury in 2015 and he looked unstable in his last fights and you're acting like he has fought so much better competition than Yodsanklai. They both are out of their prime.