What happened to Petrosyan...?

RichardN7

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
KOed on GLORY 12 iirc. Since then, he's only fought nobodies in shit organizations (and still looks... off somehow). Is he past his prime? Did Ristie take his soul? Will we ever see him on Glory again?

The KO probably affected him mentally yes but he also has had problems with hands and his back.

He made easy work of Jordan Watson... but yes it would be nice to see him against Sitthichai or even Superbon.

The guy really doesn't have anything left to prove in kickboxing and has been plagued by injuries. Good on the guy for making money fighting the lesser gods of kickboxing.

Last edited:
he has looked damn good his last two outings. Also as much as i hate bellator kb praschiv and watson are just as good as josh jauncy who he faced last in glory. I want to see him fight sittichai but it is probably time to start looking at him like buakaw and just be glad we get to still see him fight on this couple year long retirement world tour

he said himself he's done with the pressure of being always on top.
plus all the injuries.won't do tournaments anymore,got nothing to prove.

The guy really doesn't have anything left to prove in kickboxing and has been plagued by injuries. Good on the guy for making money fighting the lesser gods of kickboxing.
That's what you call a favoritism type of answer. Saved for the fighters fans like and called an excuse when it comes to fighters fans dislike.

I knew one guy that defended Saenchai a couple years ago when he just started fighting in ThaiFight against nobodies which I criticized but yet that same guy would complain when an almost 40 year old Mayweather decided to fight Andre Berto for his last fight. Mayweather had done so much in his career (yes there was the odd cherry pick) and he moved up several weight classes and eventually beat Pacquiao. He had nothing left to prove and I later realized that neither does Saenchai but yet he complained about Floyd and not Saenchai.

Big difference is both Mayweather and Saenchai are way passed their prime. Petrosyan on the other hand is not past his prime and his last several fights show this. Fair enough he's had a few injuries but at the moment he looks good and that's why I criticize him for not facing the best. Hes 31 and very much still in his prime. Maybe not as good as he was during the K1 days but he has more experience.

@JayMuaythai So why aren't you just as passionate against Yodsanklai for the same reasons? He's been fighting mostly nobodies the moment he went international...

@JayMuaythai So why aren't you just as passionate against Yodsanklai for the same reasons? He's been fighting mostly nobodies the moment he went international...
Snub to the rescue as per usual....

I was until he started fighting in Kunlun when he could of easily made good money elsewhere fighting easier opponents. Yod has been fighting way longer than Petro, taken a lot more punishment and is way more past his prime but as you can see he's still a beast.

Snub to the rescue as per usual....

I was until he started fighting in Kunlun when he could of easily made good money elsewhere fighting easier opponents. Yod has been fighting way longer than Petro, taken a lot more punishment and is way more past his prime but as you can see he's still a beast.
That's what you call a favoritism type of answer.

Physically he looks stronger then ever. Don't think he's any worse than back then, he just changed his fighting style a bit which could be because of weaker competition.

Because you are offering up excuses for Yod while criticizing Petro for doing the same things. Your whole point of Yod getting a pass cuz he's fighting in Kunlun doesn't account for much because look at who he fought there. Grigorian is the only decent guy he fought and stylistically that's an easy matchup for Yod, the other guys were not much better if not worse than Petro's last 3 opponents.

Not to mention Petro hadn't stooped to the level of padding his record with Thai Fight can smashing endeavors.

For the record I like both guys and don't really care how they ride out the remainder of their career, just be real about the similarities.

Because you are offering up excuses for Yod while criticizing Petro for doing the same things. Your whole point of Yod getting a pass cuz he's fighting in Kunlun doesn't account for much because look at who he fought there. Grigorian is the only decent guy he fought and stylistically that's an easy matchup for Yod, the other guys were not much better if not worse than Petro's last 3 opponents.
Its a tournament. You dont get to choose who you face and btw Grigorian and Dzhabar are both dangerous opponents. Better than any fighter Petrosyan has faced since the Ristie fight. Its the fact that Yod is in Kunlun and willing to fight in the tournament against Superbon and sittichai.

Not to mention Petro hadn't stooped to the level of padding his record with Thai Fight can smashing endeavors.
Petro fighting some of the opponents Yod has faced in ThaiFight wouldn't be stooping to anything. In fact him fighting nobodies under kickboxing is worse BECAUSE he's a kickboxer. Some of the match ups Petro has had under kickboxing since Ristie were just as easy for him as some of the ThaiFight match ups Yod had.

seems like it's impossible for you to grasp the idea fighters also have personal issues to deal with....like death of a loved one,diseases,divorces...psychological issues...financial issues....

Really are we putting Dzhabar on a pedestal now? He looks tough but has failed against every top guy he has faced, and besides Petro fucking wrecked him with a knee to the body during Dzhabar's prime.

seems like it's impossible for you to grasp the idea fighters also have personal issues to deal with....like death of a loved one,diseases,divorces...psychological issues...financial issues....
All your doing is throwing a bunch of excuses at me that may or may not be real. The whole point of my original comment was about favoritism. No one listed these things when Floyd faced Berto? There could be a number of reasons why he's no longer facing the best and until we find out I will criticize.

willing...u sure? because it feels like he doesn't have many other options.
Maybe he can go defend his Lion Fight belt against those killers? Maybe Smokin' Jo can move up in weight.

Yod.png

willing...u sure? because it feels like he doesn't have many other options.
Yod has plenty of options and connections through Fairtex. He's a legend and many promotion would pay decent money to have him on their show.

Back