What happened to Marc Laimon?

A very strange remark by Serra considering he praises John Danaher all the time who never even had a fight in BJJ.

Well I think it's because John doesn't disparage anyone. So you can't attack him since he stays in his lane.

When Johnny left TTD it feel apart. The principle was good but unless they were creating champions it was a failing business model because each fighter literally had 6 figures a year invested in them with the salary and coaching. Johnny really screwed those guys.
Yeah I remember wondering how that could possibly be a formula for making money. Especially in those days when TTD first started, guys weren't making as much money. But, Im sure they did their due diligence and felt it could work. I think Hendricks let when he started getting big UFC pay days and the formula no longer made sense, which is pretty fuc*ed up. Oddly enough, Razak Alhassan was/is repping TTD at least up until very recently.

I think it was the fact that Laimon was talking shit about the Gracies, and Serra is a Renzo disciple. Danaher is a fucking wierdo, but I’ve never heard him dishespek the Gracies.
You got it. Laimon was riding Hughe's dick about beating up Royce and went in on the Gracies. I feel for laimon though, he built a brand (Cobra Kai), paid his dues, and then was at the helm of a cutting edge team in TTD but I guess it kinda fell apart.

Yeah I remember wondering how that could possibly be a formula for making money. Especially in those days when TTD first started, guys weren't making as much money. But, Im sure they did their due diligence and felt it could work. I think Hendricks let when he started getting big UFC pay days and the formula no longer made sense, which is pretty fuc*ed up. Oddly enough, Razak Alhassan was/is repping TTD at least up until very recently.
Johnny really screwed them IMO. They spent hundreds of thousands on him, paid him a salary and all that and he willingly agreed to give them 50%. Once he got bigger paydays he wanted to change his mind but forgot they literally got him to that fight with their money and training.

A very strange remark by Serra considering he praises John Danaher all the time who never even had a fight in BJJ.
Especially when you consider that Laimon did in fact have some decent competitive Bjj accomplishments as far as I know.

Johnny really screwed them IMO. They spent hundreds of thousands on him, paid him a salary and all that and he willingly agreed to give them 50%. Once he got bigger paydays he wanted to change his mind but forgot they literally got him to that fight with their money and training.
I guess its poetic justice that the wheels fell of Hendricks' career not long after he left.

I think it was the fact that Laimon was talking shit about the Gracies, and Serra is a Renzo disciple. Danaher is a fucking wierdo, but I’ve never heard him dishespek the Gracies.
He had been actually badmouthin them Gracies since the day he split with Rorion, sayin´Rorion wasnt teachin´him the "full package"...

Then he laughed at Hoyce bein hammered by Hughes, that´s when Serra belittled him.

I watched the YouTube THQ videos with him and the UFC game developers. He seems pretty smart. Whenever he was in some MMA podcast appearance, I listened and didn't regret it.

I remember he was brought in on TUF Season 1 as the grappling coach and was teaching Diego Sanchez some type of sweep. Diego had tapped him out in ADCC about a year before! Doesn't mean he wasn't a good teacher, it was just an amusing situation.

Especially when you consider that Laimon did in fact have some decent competitive Bjj accomplishments as far as I know.

Good call, Marc does have a solid record in competition but Serra was shitting on him hard as if Marc was some untrained bum of the street.

Good call, Marc does have a solid record in competition but Serra was shitting on him hard as if Marc was some untrained bum of the street.
Could be editing. Could be that The argument was only about MMA as Laimon was dissing Royce's fight with Matt Hughes and Laimon has never fought to my knowledge.

I remember he was brought in on TUF Season 1 as the grappling coach and was teaching Diego Sanchez some type of sweep. Diego had tapped him out in ADCC about a year before! Doesn't mean he wasn't a good teacher, it was just an amusing situation.
That's a great story. Kinda like Jens Pulver and Joe Lauzon in TUF 5. Awkward!

Could be editing. Could be that The argument was only about MMA as Laimon was dissing Royce's fight with Matt Hughes and Laimon has never fought to my knowledge.

That's true though, Marc expressed that it was a shitty idea for Royce to come out of retirement and fight Hughes and that Royce is delusional. Marc is not wrong though he was kind of condescending in tone. That and he has shown to be narrow minded when there was a time he expressed that judo doesn't work and that Thai Boxing is a real martial arts and not a bullshit like karate. Ironically he took his name from a badass karate dojo....

That's true though, Marc expressed that it was a shitty idea for Royce to come out of retirement and fight Hughes and that Royce is delusional. Marc is not wrong though he was kind of condescending in tone. That and he has shown to be narrow minded when there was a time he expressed that judo doesn't work and that Thai Boxing is a real martial arts and not a bullshit like karate. Ironically he took his name from a badass karate dojo....
his beef was originally with Horion.

Diego was such a beast grappler way back when. Criminally underrated.

Total weirdo but a natural on the mat.

He flew off in a helicopter powered by his own sense of self-satisfaction

I hate when people talk with their eyes closed like he does

smugness

Still recovering from dat Serra degree BURN.

Once upon a time, Marc was all over the UFC. He was doing technique break downs for the UFC and he was the coach in in the first TUF and other TUFs as well. It seems like this dude was the official BJJ representative of the UFC. Besides that, he would corner lots of fighters, I think he used to corner Tito Ortiz but also many other fighters.

But then he disappeared, he sold his cobra kai BJJ and he never corners anyone nor is he ever mentioned even within the BJJ circles.

Curios to know what happened to this guy?

Yeah I posted asking the same question never got a good answer though

Back