What happened to Marc Laimon?

He is running a small school in Pewaukee, WI. Has the cobra kai logo. I did a couple of seminars with him- really cool guy and a lot of knowledge. His bjj is legit (obviously).

Wasn't he a big shot BJJ coach in Vegas training the UFC fighters and getting paid a pretty penny?

I remember he was doing submission breakdown for the UFC.

How does he feel about the new Cobra Kai series, was it on Youtube or Netfix.

You sound like a supervillain who is about to dispose one of his failed henchmen...

I can neither confirm or deny.
Btw would you like to go on a car ride with me later? We need to talk..

Im scared homie.
mhccS.jpg

He’s just sitting on the mats to stop them floating away. Guy lost his mojo after Serra verbally raped him. LEMON!

Literally haven't seen or heard anything about him since Team Takedown ended

He went into hiding after Matt serra shit on him on TUF lol. But I believe he's a coach at team takedown or at least was I don't think that team exists anymore after johnny left.
He went on to be the head coach for Team Takedown and was seemingly doing big things. Things were really rolling along with Hendricks, the Rosholts, and whoever else, they had. And when Hendricks made it to the GSP fight that was probably the high point. Im not sure what is up with laimon or Team Takedown but I think they had a good thing going.
When Johnny left TTD it feel apart. The principle was good but unless they were creating champions it was a failing business model because each fighter literally had 6 figures a year invested in them with the salary and coaching. Johnny really screwed those guys.

I remember Hughes suggesting that Serra and Laimon roll after they were arguing. I believe Serra told him "How can you be an expert on fighting if you've never fought? That's like being an expert on swimming when you've never been in the damn pool." I think Serra would have murked him in a grappling contest.

A very strange remark by Serra considering he praises John Danaher all the time who never even had a fight in BJJ.

A very strange remark by Serra considering he praises John Danaher all the time who never even had a fight in BJJ.

I think it was the fact that Laimon was talking shit about the Gracies, and Serra is a Renzo disciple. Danaher is a fucking wierdo, but I’ve never heard him dishespek the Gracies.

Back