What fighters would you LOVE to see get KTFO??

Woodley
Covington
Mighty Mouse
Ngannou
Jon Jones
Max Holloway
Khabib
Thug Rose
Juliana Pena
Kevin Lee
Neil Magny
Tecia Torres

Took finally Bisping off the list for good after his latest loss and Sterling also.

Right now, no one because we ain't sure when he's gonna fight or what class. Everyone says Holloway but we saw how that played out, Conor completely outclassed him. People been saying Max is better now but so is Conor.

I don't know? But I like seeing upsets more than anything in mma.
upsets are awesome!

Tyrone
Stipe
Ferguson
Jones
Dillashaw

FORMER: Weidman!! So happy to see him get KTFO multiple times.

I'm glad that Stipe is fighting Ngannou in January. I'm SURE that Stipe didn't like this. My guess is the guy needs money. He isn't a huge draw, and doesn't make as much money as some may think. My guess is his lifestyle is catching up with him and he needs a fight.

The UFC also probably used his "new contract" as leverage: To get a pay raise he must fight in January. I'd bet if he doesn't fight in January, he loses his pay raise.

Woodley
Covington
Mighty Mouse
Ngannou
Jon Jones
Max Holloway
Khabib
Thug Rose
Juliana Pena
Kevin Lee
Neil Magny
Tecia Torres

Took finally Bisping off the list for good after his latest loss and Sterling also.

whatttttt thug rose????? whyyy?? i love that girl.

Right now it'd have to be GSP, TJ or Conor for holding up divisions so they can be fake 2 division champions.

Tyrone
Stipe
Ferguson
Jones
Dillashaw

FORMER: Weidman!! So happy to see him get KTFO multiple times.

I'm glad that Stipe is fighting Ngannou in January. I'm SURE that Stipe didn't like this. My guess is the guy needs money. He isn't a huge draw, and doesn't make as much money as some may think. My guess is his lifestyle is catching up with him and he needs a fight.

The UFC also probably used his "new contract" as leverage: To get a pay raise he must fight in January. I'd bet if he doesn't fight in January, he loses his pay raise.

interesting... how much does stipe make? any rough idea? can u elaborate on the details of his new contract?

interesting... how much does stipe make? any rough idea? can u elaborate on the details of his new contract?

No clue how much his new contract is for.

But you can estimate how much he was making before. The reported numbers were $650k guaranteed plus a few small bonuses. However, you don't get PPV points if you sell fewer than 200-300k buys. There's a flat cost to UFC events and PPVs, which must be recouped before PPV points can be given out to fighters.

Stipe's highest PPV selling event was vs Overeem @ 475k buys, and all the rest were 300k or less. And he was quoted multiple times saying that Overeem made more money than he did from that fight, which makes sense.

Even if Stipe was getting $1 per PPV buy, he's only making an average of $1 million per fight over his last few fights. That's not a lot of money for a UFC HW champion. And when you've got that fame, your lifestyle expectations increase. Everyone around you wants something from you. It's easy to blow through $1 million per year.

I'd almost guarantee Stipe was hurting for money.

But you can estimate how much he was making before. The reported numbers were $650k guaranteed plus a few small bonuses. However, you don't get PPV points if you sell fewer than 200-300k buys. There's a flat cost to UFC events and PPVs, which must be recouped before PPV points can be given out to fighters.

Stipe's highest PPV selling event was vs Overeem @ 475k buys, and all the rest were 300k or less. And he was quoted multiple times saying that Overeem made more money than he did from that fight, which makes sense.

Even if Stipe was getting $1 per PPV buy, he's only making an average of $1 million per fight over his last few fights. That's not a lot of money for a UFC HW champion. And when you've got that fame, your lifestyle expectations increase. Everyone around you wants something from you. It's easy to blow through $1 million per year.

your posts are soo interesting. i would bet your right.. how much do u think the avg ufc hw champ makes? i have to believe that ufc champs get more than $1 per ppv buy.. i say this because a good friend of mine manages daniel jacobs and i know when he fought ggg he got i think $10-$12 per ppv sold and he was obviously the b side. ggg got like $20 per ppv buy. This is in addition to what they both were guaranteed.

giphy.webp

Stipe's a fairly frugal sort, but he did buy a new house with some acreage last year. And "mortgage" comes from the French for "death pledge."

Stipe's a fairly frugal sort, but he did buy a new house with some acreage last year. And "mortgage" comes from the French for "death pledge."

whats this mean death pledge ?

whats this mean death pledge ?

The word mortgage is derived from a "Law French" term used by English lawyers in the Middle Ages meaning "death pledge", and refers to the pledge ending (dying) when either the obligation is fulfilled or the property is taken through foreclosure. (Wikipedia)​

So the "death" is a metaphorical one. But I'm sure many on this forum think that if needing to pay your mortgage makes you fight Ngannou on short notice, then the death may be a literal one...

Mighty Mouse
Holloway
Jimmie Rivera
Brian Ortega
Stipe AND Ngannou

Back