What fighters would you LOVE to see get KTFO??

your posts are soo interesting. i would bet your right.. how much do u think the avg ufc hw champ makes? i have to believe that ufc champs get more than $1 per ppv buy.. i say this because a good friend of mine manages daniel jacobs and i know when he fought ggg he got i think $10-$12 per ppv sold and he was obviously the b side. ggg got like $20 per ppv buy. This is in addition to what they both were guaranteed.

It's so hard to estimate PPV points, because there's so many moving parts. But to roughly estimate how PPV buys work, imagine this:

Let's say 50 bucks per PPV buy for easy math. 300k buys at 50 bucks per is 15 million dollars. That sounds like a lot, but the gate revenue + PPV revenue has to pay for everything -- booking the venue, paying all the fighters, paying any medical bills, all the promotion for the event, all the travel/hotel rooms, etc.

And the UFC doesn't straight up get $15 million from 300k PPV buys -- PPV distributors (i.e. cable companies) also take a chunk. And that chunk, I believe, is bigger with fewer sales. Again, there's a flat price to run a PPV event. So the more PPVs the UFC sells, the more PPV revenue they see.

So imagine that at 300k buys, the UFC makes enough money to cover costs and make some profit. After that, revenue sharing can start. Every additional 100k buys generates another $5 million dollars in revenue, of which 20% goes to service other fees (PPV distributor, etc). That leaves $4 million per 100k PPV buys beyond 300k, which if the UFC split 50/50 with fighters would see both main event fighters earning $1 million per 100k PPV buys beyond the first 300k. However, the UFC definitely doesn't share revenue 50/50 with fighters. So we might have something like:

300k buys = $1 per PPV for main eventer
500k buys = $2 per PPV point, etc.

The exact numbers are never known. And of course the cost per PPV varies, depending on whether you get normal, high def, or purchase an online stream. However, if you follow my example, you can see how potential PPV earning skyrockets beyond ~300k buys.

GGG vs Canelo did like 1.3M PPV buys, costing $80 for high def PPV (I think). That fight generated around $100-200 million or so, including the gate ($27M). A lot of media reports were saying the fighters could have made around $20-25M for the fight (which had disappointing sales -- early estimates were for up to 2 million PPV buys, and $50 million per fighter).

So $20 million / 1.3 million PPV buys = $15 per PPV buy for Canelo (who I think made more).

This just shows how much money the UFC is pocketing and not sharing with their fighters.

It's so hard to estimate PPV points, because there's so many moving parts. But to roughly estimate how PPV buys work, imagine this:

Let's say 50 bucks per PPV buy for easy math. 300k buys at 50 bucks per is 15 million dollars. That sounds like a lot, but the gate revenue + PPV revenue has to pay for everything -- booking the venue, paying all the fighters, paying any medical bills, all the promotion for the event, all the travel/hotel rooms, etc.

And the UFC doesn't straight up get $15 million from 300k PPV buys -- PPV distributors (i.e. cable companies) also take a chunk. And that chunk, I believe, is bigger with fewer sales. Again, there's a flat price to run a PPV event. So the more PPVs the UFC sells, the more PPV revenue they see.

So imagine that at 300k buys, the UFC makes enough money to cover costs and make some profit. After that, revenue sharing can start. Every additional 100k buys generates another $5 million dollars in revenue, of which 20% goes to service other fees (PPV distributor, etc). That leaves $4 million per 100k PPV buys beyond 300k, which if the UFC split 50/50 with fighters would see both main event fighters earning $1 million per 100k PPV buys beyond the first 300k. However, the UFC definitely doesn't share revenue 50/50 with fighters. So we might have something like:

300k buys = $1 per PPV for main eventer
500k buys = $2 per PPV point, etc.

The exact numbers are never known. And of course the cost per PPV varies, depending on whether you get normal, high def, or purchase an online stream. However, if you follow my example, you can see how potential PPV earning skyrockets beyond ~300k buys.

GGG vs Canelo did like 1.3M PPV buys, costing $80 for high def PPV (I think). That fight generated around $100-200 million or so, including the gate ($27M). A lot of media reports were saying the fighters could have made around $20-25M for the fight (which had disappointing sales -- early estimates were for up to 2 million PPV buys, and $50 million per fighter).

So $20 million / 1.3 million PPV buys = $15 per PPV buy for Canelo (who I think made more).

This just shows how much money the UFC is pocketing and not sharing with their fighters.

yup that was kind of my point in saying how much jacobs made vs ggg. Theres no doubt in my mind the ufc screws fighters big time with ppv points. Sure when the ufc does 1 million buys and gives the headliners a couple million each it might sound like a lot to most people but the ufc are totally pocketing soo much money when they do big ppv#s.. On the other hand it bothers me when champions demand sooo much money but cant sell more than 200k buys.. what dont these champions understand? smh

yup that was kind of my point in saying how much jacobs made vs ggg. Theres no doubt in my mind the ufc screws fighters big time with ppv points. Sure when the ufc does 1 million buys and gives the headliners a couple million each it might sound like a lot to most people but the ufc are totally pocketing soo much money when they do big ppv#s.. On the other hand it bothers me when champions demand sooo much money but cant sell more than 200k buys.. what dont these champions understand? smh

Yea the UFC really is screwing the fighters. And my numbers are lowball estimates, I found some reporters saying that Canelo made almost $30 million (including his $5 million guaranteed pay). This would see GGG get around $20-25 million (including his $3M guaranteed). You can see why Nate Diaz wants $20 million if he and Conor sell another 1.3 million buy PPV event.

And you're absolutely right. Unfortunately, if fighters can't sell PPVs then they can't get the big paydays. It sucks, but 300k buys = basically nothing, and 500k buys can = $1-2 million from PPV points (even with how cheap the UFC is).

JJ
Nunes
Cyborg
?
Cruz
Edgar
Ferg
Woodley
Salthold
hmmm... Corey Anderson?
Werdum

Woodley & he's my hometown guy

Best post ever. There's just something really annoying about Woodley, was kinda hoping Wonderboy was gonna land a sweet headkick on him that knocked him out cold during both matches but oh well.

Nunes, Cyborg, Mighty Mouse, Woodley, Ferguson, Jones.

im wondering if everyone here who lists tony are huge mcgregor fans?

Solid choices
@rb3b3

Woodley
Conor
Colby
Conor
PVZ
Nunes
Sijara
Elias
Conor
Max
Conor
Benevidez
Kebab
Kevin
Till
Rockhold
Jones
Whittaker
Conor

Oh fuck, how could I forget Cyborg and Perry.

Oh, and Conor.

I think you forgot Conor

Colby definitly gets mentioned a lot
Which means his plan is working, people care

Back