What does the 'snitch clause' have to do with USADA?

He literally went to the WWE and served 0 suspension. He had no intention of fighting. He took himself out of the testing pool completely by retiring. At no point was he suspended in any capacity.

Lol.

"Hey, what's that circling the drain over there?"
"Oh, nothing significant, just some clueless dipshit's credibility"

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. ...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

From USADA's perspective if you give a supplier, you're also likely giving up other people who use. Makes catching users easier when you know who to look at.
I don't see how that serves USADA. They're not a governmental org set out for justice.

They're a private org set out to make profit. The UFC pays them a heavy fee each year, to do these testings.

USADA's job is to test athletes strictly, and have no bias... to maintain their reputation as olympic-level testers.

What happened here, is essentially they found a technical loophole to let Jon Jones come back as soon as possible... because most likely, Dana White was at the USADA boss' door saying "If you want to keep taking our money, let this one go... and also, here's a bonus check"

Wasn't it found by the arbitrator (if not USADA) that Jones didn't knowingly take steroids?

Somebody else pointed this out, but this shit really makes no sense when taken at face value.
"I've got nothing to do with cheating. But I can give you some very useful info on who's using/dealing steroids."

What I want to know is why would they make it public that the fighter snitched? Wouldnt it be more effective if no one knew.

Think about why this was cooked up (and reported to the public) to begin with. It was to justify why Jones was given a reduction of his suspension.

Last edited:
Isn't this because the science of cheating is always evolving and the ADA's are always behind the curve.

A lot of the time they don't even have tests to detect the high-level shit that is going on and they rely on hopefully catching somebody for something else and having them give up the secret.

Look into "BALCO" on wikipedia to see a lab that created an undetectable steroid which many high profile US and UK athletes used. Authorities only found out about it when the cheaters fell out and started snitching on each other.

The clause is obviously there to incentivise cheaters to give up something of material use to USADA. The real question is "if" that happened. If Jones gave anything of material value to USADA then that is tantamount to an admission of knowing steroid use.

Or, as the conspiracy theorists say, did USADA do a deal with the UFC and invoke the clause for nothing significant because they were bribed to do it.

We are probably never going to find out but it's a disappointing result.

I don't see how that serves USADA. They're not a governmental org set out for justice.

They're a private org set out to make profit. The UFC pays them a heavy fee each year, to do these testings.

USADA's job is to test athletes strictly, and have no bias... to maintain their reputation as olympic-level testers.

What happened here, is essentially they found a technical loophole to let Jon Jones come back as soon as possible... because most likely, Dana White was at the USADA boss' door saying "If you want to keep taking our money, let this one go... and also, here's a bonus check"

USADA need to catch people, or else what's the point of paying for the drug testing? Knowing who to test because a teammate or someone close has given USADA information they're cheating is more likely going to result in catching people than random testing.

They aren't out for justice. But their job is to test and find people violating rules. If USADA find more people cheating they're more likely to have their contract renewed. If they're only catching similar numbers to Athletic Commissions, why pay them?

The idea with having information on suppliers is they could, in theory, after handing the information to authorities, find out who that supplier supplied. Then they bust more people. More people busted shows that they're doing their job. Shows the public the sport isn't clean, puts pressure on the UFC to renew the contract.

There is no snitching going on. Lol. That's just a cover story. Or the "out" UFC has used to get USADA to lower their Jones suspension. Why do you think we never heard of this before until some 3+ years later With USADA? If it was just as easy to turn snitch for a 3/4 reduced sentence everyone would be doing it. I think they tried to get cro cop to turn snitch although he didn't test positive for anything and declared to them that he did take hgh from his doctor. How would cro cop know who uses if he wasn't using illegally himself??? Which he wasn't. If Jones is turning full on snitch, if it's legit then that means Jones was using himself and gave up his supplier and told USADA how he was beating all the prior tests. If Jones did that, it is legit. But I doubt it. He's still claiming his innocence.

TLDR

Oh by the way, look, there goes your credibility ya goofy fuck ...

Typical sherdogger doesn't read or understand what actually goes on. Not surprised ya dropout.

I'm not sure why people are saying "cover story".

It sets a precedent, at least.

So he's NOT suspended, buuuuuuut he's SOMEHOW not eligible to fight again until 2019?

giphy.gif
you are suppose to be in the test pool for 6 months before you can fight. they gave him an exemption once and that did not work out well :D

Typical sherdogger doesn't read or understand what actually goes on. Not surprised ya dropout.
Hey man

So I’m just honestly confused here

Because Lesnar retired, the suspension levied against him didn’t count?

Is that a legal or a semantic distinction?

what am I missing?

USADA does not get a % of gate/rev & Brock was fined & suspended.
What a mess of a thread

EDIT: it is the same guy saying both fallacies lol

That said the Jones thing is BS

USADA gets money off of the live gates and maybe ppv revenue and they use that money to help with operating costs. So what they do is they give the draws a break because they make them more money. I doubt Jones said anything other than a former teammate used steroids or that he knows a distributor that they already know about. It's bullshit.
no they don't.

USADA can update a supplier to the banned list if they were flying under the radar before. Not 100% certain on coaches or trainers but believe if one were caught dealing they would recommend a sanction to UFC who could then say personX is not permitted to train UFC athletes if said athlete wants to compete. They don't have any prosecution power under US code but also have no doubt if a seller was discovered they would turn over relevant evidence to appropriate authorities.
more or less. USADA can give info to the FDA or DEA if required, though it usually doesn't come to that. The easiest penalty for them to enforce, if he only names coaches, trainers, etc., is the prohibited association section. Any athlete caught associating with someone who USADA names as a pariah could get suspended simply for working with them.

Same guy said Brock was never punished for failing his two test lol
I mean, the ACs get a cut of the gates, and they also do testing, but USADA has a more or less fixed rate contract with the UFC to test about 2800 samples per year.

I mean, the ACs get a cut of the gates, and they also do testing, but USADA has a more or less fixed rate contract with the UFC to test about 2800 samples per year.

USADA doesn't get a rev % & that was what I replied to

Back