What does the 'snitch clause' have to do with USADA?

SpaceGinger

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I could be way off base here but how does being a snitch help USADA and how is it even their problem? Shouldn't it be a legal issue dealt with by the police rather than a doping agency? I mean it's not like USADA has any power to go in and arrest steroid users/dealers that are helping fighters game the sport so I don't really get it. Do they work with the fuzz to gather info leading to arrests? Do they compile lists of fighters that associate with dealers and then 'randomly' test them more often? Maybe this sounds dumb but I just don't understand how Snitchy McSnitch can get a reduced sentence for this and how it can even help USADA.

USADA gets money off of the live gates and maybe ppv revenue and they use that money to help with operating costs. So what they do is they give the draws a break because they make them more money. I doubt Jones said anything other than a former teammate used steroids or that he knows a distributor that they already know about. It's bullshit.

From USADA's perspective if you give a supplier, you're also likely giving up other people who use. Makes catching users easier when you know who to look at.

What does the 'snitch clause' have to do with USADA?

Pay offs? Fraud?

USADA gets money off of the live gates and maybe ppv revenue and they use that money to help with operating costs. So what they do is they give the draws a break because they make them more money. I doubt Jones said anything other than a former teammate used steroids or that he knows a distributor that they already know about. It's bullshit.

They give the draws a break?

Is that why they waxed Brock - the second biggest draw in the game - with the maximum penalty?

giphy.gif

Is that why they waxed Brock - the second biggest draw in the game - with the maximum penalty?

giphy.gif

Umm... Brock wasn't punished.

giphy.gif

And then rewarded him with a TITLE SHOT?

The-Big-Lebowski-WTF-Gif.gif

From USADA's perspective if you give a supplier, you're also likely giving up other people who use. Makes catching users easier when you know who to look at.
That's along the lines of what I was thinking but then aren't their tests meant to be random? I guess not. Even still if people think Jon McSnitch will dob them in they may go clean and USADA could end up wasting resources chasing clean athletes.

I could be way off base here but how does being a snitch help USADA and how is it even their problem? Shouldn't it be a legal issue dealt with by the police rather than a doping agency? I mean it's not like USADA has any power to go in and arrest steroid users/dealers that are helping fighters game the sport so I don't really get it. Do they work with the fuzz to gather info leading to arrests? Do they compile lists of fighters that associate with dealers and then 'randomly' test them more often? Maybe this sounds dumb but I just don't understand how Snitchy McSnitch can get a reduced sentence for this and how it can even help USADA.

I don't get it either but for the record using steroids isn't a criminal offense so there will be no arresting users. Selling steroids however is a criminal offense so maybe they can work with the police on that front.

Still seems weird though. Don't want to serve your suspension after pissing hot? No worries, just give us the names of other users and all is forgiven!!

This doesn't make any sense to me.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking but then aren't their tests meant to be random? I guess not. Even still if people think Jon McSnitch will dob them in they may go clean and USADA could end up wasting resources chasing clean athletes.

They're random in that the person being tested doesn't know when or how they're being tested. But fighters who are champions, popular or are suspected of cheating are tested more.

If USADA receive information that someone might be cheating, they'll test that person.

I imagine they'd want more evidence than just "X did the steroids".

TS, why would you ever question Dana and Jon's honesty.

Dana said its a science bro

Do you even science?

USADA can update a supplier to the banned list if they were flying under the radar before. Not 100% certain on coaches or trainers but believe if one were caught dealing they would recommend a sanction to UFC who could then say personX is not permitted to train UFC athletes if said athlete wants to compete. They don't have any prosecution power under US code but also have no doubt if a seller was discovered they would turn over relevant evidence to appropriate authorities.

So he's NOT suspended, buuuuuuut he's SOMEHOW not eligible to fight again until 2019?

He literally went to the WWE and served 0 suspension. He had no intention of fighting. He took himself out of the testing pool completely by retiring. At no point was he suspended in any capacity.
Stop it, you stop your sensible logic right now dammit.

Except you have absolutely zero idea on what actually happened.

I call bullshit on this snitch story USADA got paid. But JJ is still a cheater...and a snitch LOL

<mma1><31>

What I want to know is why would they make it public that the fighter snitched? Wouldnt it be more effective if no one knew.

Back