Media What? Chimaev opens as a massive favourite against Strickland?

Strickland should be the underdog. Khamzat is a bad matchup, I'm not really sure what we've seen to suggest he can deal with Khamzats grappling.

If he can make it to the 3rd round or so though, i expect Strickland to take over. Just hard to see him making it that long, IMO at least.

As a Strickland fan.... being counted out against logic is sorta the "thing".

Imavov, Cannonier, Abus, Izzy and Allen were all supposed to steamroll this "bum". I have no idea what Strickland will have to do to earn respect but this guy is very legit. Khamzat is a interesting style but Strickland should be the favourite as the more proven MW with real MW wins.
It probably would've been closer if Khamzat didn't 10-8 Usman via grappling in the first round of their fight. I think Sean has a good shot at beating Khamzat though if his TDD is on point after the 1st

Recency bias. It'll reverse heinously come fight night.

Strickland shaking in his cowboy boots
austin-powers.gif

I counted Sean out vs Izzy. A good kick boxer vs a plodding jabber and Sean somehow dominated. Now we have the plodding jabber vs a high level wrestler. Logically Sean should have no chance, but I cant count him out. Sean likes to spar, drilling TDD doesnt seem in hias wheelhouse though

Strickland should be the underdog. Khamzat is a bad matchup, I'm not really sure what we've seen to suggest he can deal with Khamzats grappling.

If he can make it to the 3rd round or so though, i expect Strickland to take over. Just hard to see him making it that long, IMO at least.
Yeah..apparently he got ragdolled in practice...and that was Khamzat at welterweight

I counted Sean out vs Izzy. A good kick boxer vs a plodding jabber and Sean somehow dominated. Now we have the plodding jabber vs a high level wrestler. Logically Sean should have no chance, but I cant count him out. Sean likes to spar, drilling TDD doesnt seem in hias wheelhouse though

Sherdog has basically counted Sean out in his last 3 fights.. Against Imavov, Abus and Adesanya and he beat them all 3 convincingly. In my mind I will never count him out again... I swear I promised that I will never count him out again.

Strickland is even more dangerous when he is completely counted out

Khamzat has mauled and made strictland tap multiple times when they trained and sparred. Think khamzat runs him over very easy first round. Very fee fighters would survive that first round like usman did.

He's regularly sparred against ankalaev and vettori at Xtreme couture and god knows who else. But he hasn't really fought anyone with good takedowns in a long time. Jack hermansson?

He's regularly sparred against ankalaev and vettori at Xtreme couture and god knows who else. But he hasn't really fought anyone with good takedowns in a long time. Jack hermansson?

I thought Izzy was gonna grapple with Sean and to this day I don't know why he didn't tried to grapple with him

Rightfully so. Khamzat is a terrible stylistic matchup for Strickland.

He also beat Usman with a broken wrist which says a lot.
I disagree and think its the other way around, Strickland's TDD is 84% and his defence is extremely good when he stays focused as we saw vs Izzy, add that with his insane cardio and I think he wins rather convincingly tbh. Khamzat is game and good but he is looking a lot like Conor imo, great for a round or two then fades bad, I will be putting money on Strickland to win and possibly a small amount on a finish in the 4th or 5th.

Giving Khamzat a title shot at MW after beating up a 36 year old WW on 10 days notice at a higher weight class is peak clown world.
Fuck it. DDP is getting screwed but let them push Khamzat. Either Khamzat will win and justify his title shot, or he'll get exposed and hopefully his career nosedives.

Back