What bothers me about Jon Jones

Is not the failed tests.

It’s not even his somewhat cringey switch from good guy to heel to good guy routine.

It’s the eyepokes.

I hate eye pokes. I don’t like eye pokers.

I know he isn’t the only one. I lost a lot of respect for DC after the Stipe pokefest, lost respect for Gustafson after several eye pokes as well.

I feel Jones is the most blatant about it though. He keeps his hands, fingers outstretched, at eye level of his opponent.

He is arguably the greatest fighter of all time.

That’s why it’s so frustrating he bends the rules (and fingers) to win.

I hope in the Gus-Jones fight whoever eyepokes less wins.

I see, so its also not the collision with a pregnant woman and fleeing the scene twice while shes in the car with a broken arm.

I agree, eye pokes are shameful.

Completely legal and legitimate technique. If guys dont like it or cant prevent it, maybe they should switch to boxing.

The eye pokes are seriously fucked up though. Jon is one of the few that clearly intentionally does it. Jon has no empathy for his opponents. He only cares about getting the W.
No dude its bullshit and should be against the rules. The only reason it isnt is bc no ones really done it. Someone's knees going to get fucked for life bc of that shit. A knee bar can do the same but you have the chance to tap. Kicking someone's knee it is just as tasteless as it gets.

I see, so its also not the collision with a pregnant woman and fleeing the scene twice while shes in the car with a broken arm.

I agree, eye pokes are shameful.

I’m not defending him doofus.

I’m in a MMA forum telling you what bothers me about how he fights.

I’m not in a court deciding if he should go to jail or not.

DF1p_akXsAMT3UT.jpg
<JonesLaugh>

I hated how fake he was. The jesus christ loving Jones, everybody knew it was fake. Nobody listen to Rashad when he said "jones fabric is fake " , as he knew everything about Jon. I was actually happy to see him chirp Cormier the way he did cause he finally accepted the POS he was.

Steroids are a worse foul.

I don't buy the "everyone is/was on it" excuse.

First off how are the vast majority of fighters able to beat the tests when some of the biggest names with the most money and connections can't get it done?

Second even if there was an era where everyone was on shit the start of usada was the time to stop. I have a lot more respect for someone who stopped juicing even if their career went to shit, than guys like Jones and Anderson who are so dependent on the sauce that they still feel the need to risk everything for that competitive edge.

Is not the failed tests.

It’s not even his somewhat cringey switch from good guy to heel to good guy routine.

It’s the eyepokes.

I know he isn’t the only one. I lost a lot of respect for DC after the Stipe pokefest, lost respect for Gustafson after several eye pokes as well.

I feel Jones is the most blatant about it though. He keeps his hands, fingers outstretched, at eye level of his opponent.

There's new rules because of that, you can't have an open palm in the opponents face, you get warnings and eventually point deduction , just for having your fingers in your opponents face, even if no actual eye poke happens. Pisses me off as well watching people cheating, grabbing fences and hooking gloves with their fingers, and then you have the clueless refs who can't see what's happening right infront of them.

If he has his fingers out in gus's face to "judge range" like he usually does, I hope he keeps getting points deducted and ends up losing a decision.

Is not the failed tests.

It’s the eyepokes.

Jones even admitted that he pokes people in the eyes - while laughing.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/u...s-eyes-win-fight-Daniel-Cormier-UFC-Joe-Rogan

It could all be rectified so easily with a change of gloves.
Hate his cheating but love everything else he brings to the table which is a shame. He could win quite easily without any of hischeating which is the most frustrating aspect of Jones. He doesn't need to cheat!

The fact that he used illegal Performance Enhancing Drugs bothers me more.

Completely legal and legitimate technique. If guys dont like it or cant prevent it, maybe they should switch to boxing.

This mental scheme can be imagined for groin strikes as well, but why would you want them legal?

The concern of wanting the rules to simulate a real fight is legitimate. However, oblique kicks generally don't add anything to the fight itself as damage done to the opponent. Their effectiviness revolves around the psychological effect of risking a career-altering injury. This means that the fighters are responding to the kick with an "out of the cage -response", worrying about their careers and not about winning the fight.

Do we want that?

Is not the failed tests.

It’s the eyepokes.

the greatest of all time have cheated.

patriots cheated by spying on opponents
mark mcgwire, sammy sosa, cheated by taking steroids
tiger woods cheated on his wife
tom brady inflated footballs

it's what goats do

They just add to many reasons to dislike Jones. Eye pokes are some of the most fucked up things in fighting. I remember that guy in Pride blinding someone with eye gouges, pokes are just as bad.

“Everyone’s on steroids.”

-Kenny Florian
Fixed it for you.

Liddell was also vicious with thumbs in the eye. Ended Vernon White's career.

I was watching Hurt Business last night and there was a scene where he talked about how its against the rules and he loves doing it. He's either the worlds biggest troll or a complete sociopath.

“Everyone’s on steroids.”

-Nate Diaz
Nah Gus is clean was always clean and will always be. He cares more about seeing his children grow up and being in good health at a older age than to mess with his hormones.

This mental scheme can be imagined for groin strikes as well, but why would you want them legal?

The concern of wanting the rules to simulate a real fight is legitimate. However, oblique kicks generally don't add anything to the fight itself as damage done to the opponent. Their effectiviness revolves around the psychological effect of risking a career-altering injury. This means that the fighters are responding to the kick with an "out of the cage -response", worrying about their careers and not about winning the fight.

Do we want that?

Dude wat.

Are you really saying the kicks dont hurt physically, only mentally, and therefor should not be legal?

like seriously wat.

We should ban JABS then too. Jabs rarely if ever end fights. Its just the mental factor of worrying about your face getting cut up or getting CTE. Ban jabs.

one groin strike can take away the ability of a man to have children. literally just one. kicks to the knee on the otherhand have happened to hundreds if not thousands of fighters, thousands of times, and how many examples can you point me to where a fighter had their career ended or had difficulty walking as a result.

Show me some examples.

I'll wait.

Rampage bitched about them, like he bitches about EVERYTHING, yet despite the grave damage he speaks of.......hes still able to fight...........in his 40s, a good 10 fights removed from Jon's dEveSTAting brUTAl knEe KIckZ

Back