What are you currently playing? v.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a huge fan of Witcher 2 which also had horrible combat. The story though was much better.

I put l in 20 hours into Witcher 3 and finally said enough. I almost broke my tv after the Baron asked me a 3rd/4th time for one more favor. I couldn’t have cared less about that story line. Like you said the game is just a wild goose chase and the story surrounding that chase isn’t good. I’m always amazed how much people loved that game.
I think because the fetch quests had little stories or reasons as to why you should go there and fetch something. The same style got absolutely decimated in Cyberpunk lol. Different times.

I think because the fetch quests had little stories or reasons as to why you should go there and fetch something. The same style got absolutely decimated in Cyberpunk lol. Different times.

Pretty sure the mission design wasn't the issue with Cyberpunk...

Pretty sure the mission design wasn't the issue with Cyberpunk...
Wasnt the only issue sure, but because of those other issues, the weaknesses of the mission designs stood out.

Wasnt the only issue sure, but because of those other issues, the weaknesses of the mission designs stood out.

From what I've heard, the missions are actually weak though. At least the side missions, which seemed(again, only from what I've heard) to be completely shallow with nothing to really drive you forward(typical go here, kill that, the end, type of redundancy), and the exact opposite of what made TW3's missions so great and rich with detail. By all accounts, the mission design in Cyberpunk is not even close to being in the same league as TW3's, which on top of all the other bullshit, cemented it as an extreme disappointment, since it a came from a developer that had already set the bar so high in that regard.

From what I've heard, the missions are actually weak though. At least the side missions, which seemed(again, only from what I've heard) to be completely shallow with nothing to really drive you forward(typical go here, kill that, the end, type of redundancy), and the exact opposite of what made TW3's missions so great and rich with detail. By all accounts, the mission design in Cyberpunk is not even close to being in the same league as TW3's, which on top of all the other bullshit, cemented it as an extreme disappointment, since it a came from a developer that had already set the bar so high in that regard.

I personally thought the side missions were great and they were not the typical go here kill that.

Sure some of them involved that which even TW3 did as well but that’s not all they were.

I know you think super highly of TW3, and tbh its a fine opinion imo. Play Cyberpunk [once theyve updated it], Id like to hear your opinion on it against TW3.

I personally thought the side missions were great and they were not the typical go here kill that.

Sure some of them involved that which even TW3 did as well but that’s not all they were.
Id say the side missions are of a similar quality. Some are great, some good, some bad, which is the case for TW3 too.

I just didnt like the gameplay in Cyberpunk, but man was it gorgeous at times, and was good at times. Its meh though, I think TW3 was better but I never finished that. Ill go back once the enhanced edition comes out, since I wanna play Blood and Wine.

I know you think super highly of TW3, and tbh its a fine opinion imo. Play Cyberpunk [once theyve updated it], Id like to hear your opinion on it against TW3.

I seriously doubt that will be anytime soon, if ever. By the time I'd get around to it, there would likely be over a terabyte of updates to download just to get it to run. I think I can trust the general consensus, that even without all the technical issues, it's a very mediocre game that feels unfinished in more areas than just the technical polish, and doesn't come close to matching the standards CDPR set with TW3.

I seriously doubt that will be anytime soon, if ever. By the time I'd get around to it, there would likely be over a terabyte of updates to download just to get it to run. I think I can trust the general consensus, that even without all the technical issues, it's a very mediocre game that feels unfinished in more areas than just the technical polish, and doesn't come close to matching the standards CDPR set with TW3.
I never go by general consensus anymore. Most people just regurgitate what other people say about something, or they review based on a dev's past output, or some idiots find something small and make it something big etc. Whats mediocre to someone may be amazing to another. Besides I dont think its a long game compared to the shit released now. Its a max 25 hour game so play sometime in the future if you want.

I never go by general consensus anymore. Most people just regurgitate what other people say about something, or they review based on a dev's past output, or some idiots find something small and make it something big etc.

It all depends. With a game this big, there's something to it. I can't say I've played too many games where my opinion differed wildly from the audience's general consensus, and from the footage I have seen from this game, it looks to be about right, in it being a 6-7/10 on its best day.

Whats mediocre to someone may be amazing to another. Besides I dont think its a long game compared to the shit released now. Its a max 25 hour game so play sometime in the future if you want.

The length really isn't the issue. It's the hassle of getting all the updates, and hoping it runs okay enough, just for a game I'm really not that interested in anymore and don't really expect much from, given all I've read about the core experience. If I ever do get around to it, it will be some "Classic Edition" on a PS6 or Xbox Series XHJB4, in the distant future.

It all depends. With a game this big, there's something to it. I can't say I've played too many games where my opinion differed wildly from the audience's general consensus, and from the footage I have seen from this game, it looks to be about right, in it being a 6-7/10 on its best day.

The length really isn't the issue. It's the hassle of getting all the updates, and hoping it runs okay enough, just for a game I'm really not that interested in anymore and don't really expect much from, given all I've read about the core experience. If I ever do get around to it, it will be some "Classic Edition" on a PS6 or Xbox Series XHJB4, in the distant future.

Fair enough.
I gave it a 6.5, and on my scale, thats a 'good game with a lot of issues'. In hindsight, I would downgrade it to a 5.5. Its just slightly above mediocre.

Think I’ll take a break from Witcher for a week. Then I’ll give it another 5-15 hours and give another update if I see fit.

Unfortunately BF2042 isn’t looking to be an immediate purchase for me. Was really looking forward to a modern battlefield but with all the issues I’m gonna hold off. Hopefully in 6 months or a year or so they can fix the major issues.

Think I’ll take a break from Witcher for a week. Then I’ll give it another 5-15 hours and give another update if I see fit.

Unfortunately BF2042 isn’t looking to be an immediate purchase for me. Was really looking forward to a modern battlefield but with all the issues I’m gonna hold off. Hopefully in 6 months or a year or so they can fix the major issues.
I was gonna give it a shot, its been a while since I played a good FPS MP. The Halo Infinite MP is apparently shadow dropping tomorrow. Im excited for that. Couldnt care about the story but I need a fun MP game again.

Did you by chance start a NG+ a do the DLC bosses? NG+ difficulty is much better IMO. All enemies and bosses are a harder.

There is also another free DLC coming out before the end of the year.

I have not, but from their Reddit, it seems like NG+ should have been how the game played on release. Everyone loves it. Can you play the boss rush on NG+ after beating the game?

G, the Afterlife expansion and rework for Death's Gambit is Switch-exclusive?! Dude, F... I went to buy it last night completely amped; hadn't any idea.

alexa-bliss-sad.gif

@GtehMVP

Playing Breath of the Wild as I really want to work on clearing out my Switch backlog. It’s a game I started several years ago when I got my first Switch but for some reason I never got very far.

Started a completely new save file and finding myself really enjoying it. I’m not very far but I really love the idea of seeing something super far off in the distance and knowing I can go explore it, climb it, whatever. Yes the weapon breaking is annoying but I’m never short of them I just find myself with less than ideal circumstances occasionally. The temple puzzles are fun as well. I think just overall though the freedom to explore is what’s driving my enjoyment. Really looking forward to opening up the rest of that massive map.

G, the Afterlife expansion and rework for Death's Gambit is Switch-exclusive?! Dude, F... I went to buy it last night completely amped; hadn't any idea.

alexa-bliss-sad.gif

@GtehMVP
Just google'd that, looks damn gorgeous. I may have to give it a go.

Playing Breath of the Wild as I really want to work on clearing out my Switch backlog. It’s a game I started several years ago when I got my first Switch but for some reason I never got very far.

Started a completely new save file and finding myself really enjoying it. I’m not very far but I really love the idea of seeing something super far off in the distance and knowing I can go explore it, climb it, whatever. Yes the weapon breaking is annoying but I’m never short of them I just find myself with less than ideal circumstances occasionally. The temple puzzles are fun as well. I think just overall though the freedom to explore is what’s driving my enjoyment. Really looking forward to opening up the rest of that massive map.
I thought the weapon breaking mechanic sucked, but it forced me to be experimental, and opened up the game more. You can get creative killing things, and you get better and more durable weapons later. Enjoy it man, that first playthrough is perfection.

Just google'd that, looks damn gorgeous. I may have to give it a go.

I thought the weapon breaking mechanic sucked, but it forced me to be experimental, and opened up the game more. You can get creative killing things, and you get better and more durable weapons later. Enjoy it man, that first playthrough is perfection.
I don’t even think it sucks, it’s just for me right now it feels like it’s limiting my experimentation because I’m just sticking with lower level weapons as I don’t want to waste the good ones out exploring.

That’s really my biggest issue with it. I want to try even more but I’m hesitant.

The exploring was my favorite part of that game. Just getting high and going out there and exploring the world was so much fucking fun. It's why I was so glad that Genshin Impact came around and copied the idea but improved upon it in every single way. They basically did the same shit but added way way more stuff to do in the world and the combat was more fun as well. While exploring in BOTW was fun I felt the world was to empty. On top of having secret stuff that was almost to secretive as far as knowing what I needed to do.

I don’t even think it sucks, it’s just for me right now it feels like it’s limiting my experimentation because I’m just sticking with lower level weapons as I don’t want to waste the good ones out exploring.

That’s really my biggest issue with it. I want to try even more but I’m hesitant.
Dont be hesitant, I learnt it early on, youll come across more and better weapons. Just explore. The sense of exploration, and finding something made that game a joy. Its a masterpiece. Also take not of the level design too, no open world game is as meticulously designed to guide you to new things/locations like BOTW.

Just play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back