What´s your opinion about Big Weight cutters..??????

Summoning

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
4xQEzfv.jpg

there was a thread like this the other day, just pussies who would rather nearly die than fight people thier own size IMO

Do you need to consult an astrologer for love problem solution?

Adds excitement to the sport. Love the videos of people crying in the salt bath or the teammates holding the sauna door shut as they cry to get out.

I’m not a fan.

Seeing the women trying to cut is the worst. Videos always come out where they are dying to make weight.

there was a thread like this the other day, just pussies who would rather nearly die than fight people thier own size IMO

The people there size are in the same weight division because they are cutting as well

i think in theory most people would rather see two ~175lb guys fight each other at 170 than at 155.

but deciding on - let alone implementing across 45 state AC's - a reasonable policy that everyone agrees is fair has proven difficult. it was much easier for OneFC because they own the rules and the regulations (whereas MMA in the US is not regulated by the org).

the CSAC 10 point plan is a step in the right direction. you'll find a lot of people who get downright vehemently and vitriolically angry about it - the envelope their arguments under "freedom" (e.g. "adults should have the freedom to cut weight and die, you fucking commie!"). so although i'm usually a fan of finding a happy medium compromise, i'm not sure if we should be trying to find a compromise with that crowd.

PS cartoon was pretty good for a college paper level.

some people are so stupid that they don´t even understand the rules of the game to begin with

intelligent ones adapt to the rules and therefore are successfull

Has Tony missed weight? Or Kevin? I know Kevin struggled last time because of the staph infection but he's never missed weight either has he?

Yes, he missed weight every fight night, when he step in the octagon over 155lb.

some people are so stupid that they don´t even understand the rules of the game to begin with

intelligent ones adapt to the rules and therefore are successfull

Sure, imagine back in early UFC when people complain about groin shots...

And "no stupid people" like you.. saying "The intelligent ones adapt to the rules and success.. derp derp.."

WJFJUEP.gif

It's a shame that weight cutting is such a standard.
I bet there are lots of talented athletes who just wanna fight, but get turned off when they realise they'd have to starve themselves since everyone else does.

I think some people just have a harder time cutting than others.

Bet there are some athletes who have been turned off by pro MMA since they realise they'd have to cut weight since everyone else their size does it.

But I don't blame the fighters who cut. They do nothing wrong. It's a plus if they can avoid cutting, but I can totally see how they feel the need to do it.

Last edited:
I give Ferguson credit. According to him he was a WW fighter (and has 12 WW fights to his name) and won TUF as a WW. It was the UFC that forced/pushed 155 on him.

Some of these other guys though... Even with staph Kenvin Lee rehydrated to 185 pounds against Tony. That's criminal if you ask me.

As long as they're regularly making weight, I don't have much issue with it. Sure, it's reckless and damaging on their bodies, but they're professional fighters. Recklessness and damage comes with the territory.

The UFC should do hydration testing to prevent people from cutting too much weight. It would be in their own best interest because fighters are now cutting so much weight they are often missing weight or ending up missing the fight all together due to complications. Plus the fighters wouldn't be depleted from cutting insane amounts of weight so the fights would be better.

It's the most dangerous thing in Mma today. In a sport where you can punch, elbow, kick and knee people in the head. The weight cutting is the most dangerous. That should tell you something. That could cause organ failure, brain damage etc. Sometimes irreversible. It needs to change. ONEFC had one incident and decided we gotta change that crap. How many drop outs where Khabib thought he was going to literally die???? Or Barao passing out? Or nunes albeit making weight felt like crap so bad couldn't fight the day of. How many events have been compromised because of this weight cut non sense??

if they can make the weight then git r dun. as far as people saying "it's not safe" etc, the whole sport is not safe.

Back