Media Werdum said he doesn't like Strickland

Against a fatass with only BJJ. Yeah no. Sanchez mainly liked to beat up women and white belts anyway.

Umm ya, he was holding is elbow whining he got subbed so easy. I would've fought the dude right there and then . I thought Sean was Mr tough guy? No way to spin it my guy lol

Though Dumont tried to deescalate the situation, as Werdum started off by saying he did not agree with Strickland’s ultra-American ways, the former heavyweight champion paid no attention to it and shared a personal story that explained why he does not see eye to eye with ‘Tarzan’.

“I’ve got a problem with that guy. I think he’s an a—ole.” Werdum said.

“He’s crazy, but he’s cool,” Norma Dumont added.

“He’s too American,” Werdum continued. “I like Americans, but he’s too much of a ‘Murican. I don’t think he’s a character. He used to go to our gym to help out Marvin (Vettori) and (Kelvin) Gastelum. So he would be hanging around the gym and he’s a big guy. He probably weighs 200 pounds. So he looked heavy and I was looking for a sparring partner.

“He was training with the other guys and I asked him to spar with me. He went ‘No. I’m not training with you’. I said ‘Huh? You’re not training with me? You’re at the gym, so you’re training with me’. The moment he turned his back to me, I kicked him in the ass. Boom. You know you can’t kick someone in the ass, it’s like a slap in the face. He was like ‘What was that for?’. I told him I would kick him in the ass everytime I saw him from then on. F—ng asshole. That guy is so pedantic.”

translation: https://bloodyelbow.com/2023/11/06/ufc-brazil-ronda-rousey-sean-strickland/

I know how Strickland can be but Werdum is somewhat mean spirited towards people he does not like. Its a little overboard. Strickland does not represent Americans but trailer park trash....there is a difference. Also, Americans today are not just white...were all colors...he is insulting himself when he talks.

Last edited:
Umm ya, he was holding is elbow whining he got subbed so easy. I would've fought the dude right there and then . I thought Sean was Mr tough guy? No way to spin it my guy lol

Well you’re not expecting someone to torque your arm in a light session like that. He’s never been subbed in actual MMA where it matters. And quit saying “my guy”. You come off as a juvenile dolt which you may be which explains it.

I know how Strickland can be but Werdum is somewhat mean spirited towards people he does not like. Its a little overboard. Strickland does not represent Americans but trailer park trash....there is a difference. Also, Americans today are not just white...were all colors...he is insulting himself when he talks.

i've always thought Werdum is a giant asshole for a long time. the way he lost his shit with Tony and Colby, you can tell he's the kinda guy who is itching to get into a confrontation. surprised somebody hasn't shot him.

Well you’re not expecting someone to torque your arm in a light session like that. He’s never been subbed in actual MMA where it matters. And quit saying “my guy”. You come off as a juvenile dolt which you may be which explains it.

So he just let him get away with that. He got subbed easy and even standing lol. He should've thrown down , he didn't he whined and wanted to leave cage lol

i've always thought Werdum is a giant asshole for a long time. the way he lost his shit with Tony and Colby, you can tell he's the kinda guy who is itching to get into a confrontation. surprised somebody hasn't shot him.

If you watch the full version of the video with Tony, Tony gave him a lot of shit before he said anything back and then Tony kept going, basically threatening him. Only when Tony stood up and realized he was half his size did he suddenly start acting like the victim.

images

They can try lol Werdum it's a Badass.

Werdum it's Very Charismatic and Nice, You have to be a complete Moron to Werdum deslike you.
images
images

the more i hear about werdum, the more i hate him. i don't know why he's so bitter. i personally think he thought he would be considered as one of the goats at this point in time. but to be honest, he's a forgotten fighter. other fighters are now considered better than he ever was, and is not taking out his anger on anyone he can.

the game moves on, and people begin to consider future fighters better. for better or worse, it is what it is.

the more i hear about werdum, the more i hate him. i don't know why he's so bitter. i personally think he thought he would be considered as one of the goats at this point in time. but to be honest, he's a forgotten fighter. other fighters are now considered better than he ever was, and is not taking out his anger on anyone he can.

the game moves on, and people begin to consider future fighters better. for better or worse, it is what it is.

it's because he never had longevity. he has fantastic wins but he's always been unreliable. only at the very end of his career did he really put together a decent run, culminating in him becoming a UFC champion.

I always chuckle over Werdum's little altercations with different fighters. He's very humorous. On the other side, he definitely seems well accustomed to using his size to push others into confrontations. Basically he likes to bully people a little bit. Mind you, the guys I see him slightly bullying are all pro fighters, so I'm not losing sleep over it.

The Werdum that beat Cain would've been an absolute nightmare for Jones, even his PEDs wouldn't have saved him from having his head ripped off by some nasty sub.

Old Werdum story: I used to work with a guy that trained and around 10 years ago he shared a story about werdum coming to his gym. Werdum comes to train and everyone's having a break, just sitting side-by-side in a long line or something. My coworker had some food stashed somewhere and asked the guy on the end of the line if he could reach into a bag and pass him a candy bar he had brought. So the candy bar is being passed down the line until, somewhere in the middle of the line, it reaches werdum and he just opens it up and eats it, knowing full well it was supposed to go to the owner. And of course it's Werdum so no one's gonna mess with him over it lol.

I know its an insignificant thing and trivial but little things like that provide insight into someones character. Ive heard other things about Werdum through the years on here and i just think he's a douche.

Orlando was just of 1 of many people that Sean was being rude and trying to bully people in a gym he's never been in. Bisping was actually embarrassed because the RVCA is a private gym amd Bisping vouched for strickland to get him access to gym. Then he started to act like a fool.

Sanchez took it in his own hand to teach him a lesson which he did. You show respect in other people's gym you never visited period. He got taught a lesson about randomly disrespecting everyone there.
i dont think orlando taught anyone anything seeing as all his students bailed years ago after he groomed that teenager. strickland has always been a loudmouth, and still is, but for orlando to call that “bullying” to justify a dirty move like that, well… it’s dirty. orlando sanchez is dirty. or he was. guess his bad decisions finally caught up to him. he’ll be enduring that quick submission for eternity now.

Werdum isn't exactly likeable himself, and definitively seems to be the a-hole in this situation, but in all fairness, strickland seems like an actual psychopath. He's legitimately not right in the head.

So he just let him get away with that. He got subbed easy and even standing lol. He should've thrown down , he didn't he whined and wanted to leave cage lol

He indeed let him get away with that because he didn’t want to jeopardize a payday that someone like Sanchez had never seen in his entire bum life.

i dont think orlando taught anyone anything seeing as all his students bailed years ago after he groomed that teenager. strickland has always been a loudmouth, and still is, but for orlando to call that “bullying” to justify a dirty move like that, well… it’s dirty. orlando sanchez is dirty. or he was. guess his bad decisions finally caught up to him. he’ll be enduring that quick submission for eternity now.

He also tried to teach one of his students “a lesson and show them who was the boss” by spiking them on their head. He was a grade A piece of trash. Ultimately Meth showed him who was the boss though.

Old Star vs new Star...
<Eek2.0>
big surprise.

No one wants to get old and shelved.

Now that I remember, Werdum was very good friends with Orlando Sanchez. They used to train together a lot, and for many years. Considering the Sanchez-Strickland altercation, I'm not even slightly surprised by his comments now towards Sean.

On the particular incident mentioned, I still believe Sean could've at least explained Werdum his reasons for not wanting to spar instead of just rejecting him and walking away.

Back