Well, looks like the MCU's going Muslim. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Steve Rogers is a Muslim?

My point is that it's not an explicitly Christian quote.

If he had something something like, "There's only one God and he came to earth as Jesus Christ," then that would be different.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/...ands_that_catholicism_is_the_superhero_s.html

Daredevil_cross.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-05-13%2Bat%2B11.15.31%2BPM.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-05-13%2Bat%2B11.22.30%2BPM.jpg

That's interesting.

Admittedly, I haven't paid much attention to Daredevil. Is he even actually part of the MCU or a totally standalone property?

If he had something something like, "There's only one God and he came to earth as Jesus Christ," then that would be different.

Dude it’s Captain America... doesn’t get any more Christian than him... ok maybe Daredevil...

That kind of caught my eye as well.

Also, extra points for the strong command of English in that article title:

"Does Wearing Tights & leggings Allowed in Islam?"
The person who created her is a pakistani american woman from new jersey. I'm suprised she didnt know this.

then again from wikipedia: Sana Amanat was born into a Pakistani family. She lived with her parents, who were Pakistani immigrants, in a predominantly white New Jersey suburb.[5] Throughout her childhood, Amanat had trouble fitting in and struggled with self-identity as she often wished to be white herself. She also idealized the beauty of women who were blonde and white.[5]

I liked a recent Ms Marvel run.

i mean tbh, them bazaars overseas get bootlegs like before the movies even come out and shit......so there is a market hahahaha
Shoutout to my dude that sold me the UFC 1-120 numbered event box set for like 40 bucks, shit was 52 disc ffs

When uttered by Captain America it is obviously a Christian quotation.
Admittedly, I haven't paid much attention to Daredevil. Is he even actually part of the MCU or a totally standalone property?
He's part of the Netflix Marvel line up. It's all the same continuity as the movies.

absolutely haram

-a good muslim woman would need her male guardian's permission to leave the house.
-how can she fight crime and observe salah?

I have no issues with Marvel Comics introducing Muslims and Asians and other minority groups into their comics. Especially considering how many classic characters are portrayed as Christians and Catholics. Although I don't like how they're rebooting popular characters with these new ones.

As for MCU, I'll still watch that Muslim Ms Marvel if it comes to the big screen. MCU has pleasantly surprised me with so many good movies about characters that I'd never cared about prior. I'll watch with an open mind.

Marvel characters will be like Disney princesses in the future. Mostly white, but every 3rd or 4th one will be used to make the tent bigger. These guys know what they're doing.

You didn’t strike me as the kind of guy that would have a problem with something like this @shadow_priest_x

I have to say I’m a little surprised right now.

On a side note, it's interesting how these Marvel characters can even be portrayed as religious after witnessing events like the Infinity Gauntlet.

Here's the sentence that immediately jumps out to me:

What a fucking sign of the times, man.

Are there any explicitly Christian Marvel characters? Certainly none that I know of.
Nightcrawler had a schtick as a priest for a while, even reflected in his X-Men attire. He's historically been portrayed as a devout Catholic.

Comic book nerds being offended by diversity never gets old .

i mean tbh, them bazaars overseas get bootlegs like before the movies even come out and shit......so there is a market hahahaha
Shoutout to my dude that sold me the UFC 1-120 numbered event box set for like 40 bucks, shit was 52 disc ffs

I survived on the iraqi blackmarket dvd collections lol. 'Action Hero 80s Compilation Amazing'! 10 movies on one disc lol

i suppose the OP never watched X-Men 2, particularly the first time they track down Nightcrawler and when he's talking to Storm on the jet back.
Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back