Well, looks like the MCU's going Muslim. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guestx

Wut?

Muslim superhero Ms Marvel – AKA Kamala Khan – will become a prominent figure in the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Marvel president Kevin Feige confirmed Marvel “has plans” for the character.

In an interview with the BBC, Feige said that “Ms Marvel ... the Muslim hero who is inspired by Captain Marvel, is definitely sort of in the works.”

Feige provided no further details, other than the suggestion that Ms Marvel’s appearance will follow the Captain Marvel movie, starring Brie Larson and due for release in 2019. That film, which features Larson as Carol Danvers, is Marvel’s first female-led film and was originally titled Ms Marvel (as Danvers was termed in the comic-book publication in 1977). Ms Marvel’s identity was switched to Khan in 2014, and was Marvel’s first Muslim lead character.

3885.jpg

Nope.

When all the current heavy hitters of the MCU are done, so am I.

I'll be around for Panther 2 and 3 GOTG 3, Antman 2 and 3 the end of Avengers, and any Spidey sequels with the current actor.

After that, see ya.

Here's the sentence that immediately jumps out to me:

Ms Marvel’s identity was switched to Khan in 2014, and was Marvel’s first Muslim lead character.

What a fucking sign of the times, man.

Are there any explicitly Christian Marvel characters? Certainly none that I know of.

Here's the sentence that immediately jumps out to me:

What a fucking sign of the times, man.

Are there any explicitly Christian Marvel characters? Certainly none that I know of.

Gotta appeal to all the Muslims reading comic books

I cannot wait to see the online fascists scream and cry about this

just wait till she meets Whiplash. she’ll have PTSD flashbacks.

This was already mentioned in the Captain Marvel thread.
"There's only one God ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."
Steve Rogers

Daredevil is a Catholic. So is Kurt Wagner (Nightcrawler).

Maybe her culture can extinguish Magneto and his kind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back