Well, looks like the MCU's going Muslim. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the sentence that immediately jumps out to me:

What a fucking sign of the times, man.

Are there any explicitly Christian Marvel characters? Certainly none that I know of.
actually, Steve Rogers in the comics is hardcore christian. So is Archangel. Nightcrawler and Daredevil are hardcore Roman Catholic. Magneto is jewish and his parents died in concentration camps.

Hopefully she can fly since she obviously won’t be allowed to drive...

i suppose the OP never watched X-Men 2, particularly the first time they track down Nightcrawler and when he's talking to Storm on the jet back.
Weird.
Nightcrawler has always been a serious catholic. Further, the X-Men roster got shaken up a bit at one point because everybody was white lol. Thunderbird/Warpath, Storm, etc.

This really isn't new at all for Marvel.

Is the Navajo superhero out yet
Old news, bud.

3415518-01.jpg

I'll just say this, the first time she screams Allahu Akbar! while launching an attack I'm gonna be on that some of that. . .

giphy.gif

Old news, bud.

3415518-01.jpg

Even before that. If this forum was around during Giant Size X-Men the Sherfronters would be going nuts.
Let's see who we have.
Catholic blue monster guy that can steal babies while you're sleeping.
Strong ass metal Russian man that works on the communist farm.
Black lady from Africa that controls the weather aka too good of a power for her standing.
Canadian guy whose superpower is literally free health care.
Apache (not Navajo) dude.
Banshee is also in there and he's an old Irish Cop from Ireland and not an old Irish Cop from New York.
And Sunfire who is anti-American.
giant-size-x-men-1.jpg

team.jpg

Even before that. If this forum was around during Giant Size X-Men the Sherfronters would be going nuts.
Let's see who we have.
Black lady from Africa that controls the weather aka too good of a power for her standing.
Banshee is also in there and he's an old Irish Cop from Ireland and not an old Irish Cop from New York.
giant-size-x-men-1.jpg
LOL. That's all so true. They'd all have aneurysms.

Let's see who we have.
And Sunfire who is anti-American.
giant-size-x-men-1.jpg

team.jpg
Turok has been around since the mid 50s.

LOL. That's all so true. They'd all have aneurysms.

And what was their first mission? They had to save the previously all white team.

If Marvel gets the X-Men license I hope the first movie is based on Giant Sized X-Men 1.

Comic book nerds being offended by diversity never gets old .
whats ironic is how comic book fans got triggered by Marvel going "SJW" and had to reminded that all their revered comic book heroes began as platforms to spread social justice messages.
From the first issue of Capt America
Captainamerica1.jpg

and the entire Xmen canon is a metaphor against racism and homophobia. It's ridiculous how shortsighted these people are- they assume a certain level of "justice" is met that is acceptable to them and going beyond to this point is an affront to their good ol American values- for example, they learned to tolerate blacks (to a degree) and gays, but now draw the line on Muslims and transgenders, etc.

All the Shercucks triggered by the left will look back in 20 years and be embarassed about how intolerant they were/

I'll just say this, the first time she screams Allahu Akbar! while launching an attack I'm gonna be on that some of that. . .

giphy.gif
and what if she does? That's no more offensive to me than a Christian character saying grace before dinner.

The outrage is the lack of huge knockers

Saudi just opened their first movie theaters in a generation and they are desegregated.

UAE is actively lobbying Hollywood studios to film movies there.

India (which has a huge population of Muslims) has a huge movie culture.

Smart business decision.

and what if she does? That's no more offensive to me than a Christian character saying grace before dinner.

Well it's a phrase that tends to immediately preceed a terrorist attack so I don't see those two as equal, no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back